So-Cal 459 Krawler Tear Drop

STREGA

Explorer
If you see a So-Cal tear drop heading east on I-15/I-70/Hwy.50 today that is mine being delivered, taking it out camping up on Grand Mesa this weekend for its shake down cruise, just alittle excited! :wings:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Add my congratulations. A great trailer, very cool and very useful, and it'll put you in the lap of luxury.

Enjoy!

CLK Foxhall

Adventurer
Congrats!

I've been thinking along the same lines,... an AT Teardrop.

Look forward to hearing some feedback.

Cheers!
~CLK

STREGA

Explorer
Just talked to the owners son who is delivering it and they are about a hour away (Grand Junction). :wings:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Congrats, i talked to Gabe today and heard it was departing! You will not be disappointed. We still love ours without a doubt.

I'll be at So-Cal Teardrop tomorrow with ours getting some things done to it.

cityblues

Teardrop

Congrats. You're going to have a great time roaming back roads CO and elsewhere. Great trailers. I was by their shop last week while I was in town from Texas and got a first hand look at their very impressive work and had a chance to talk with their very able, helpful and informative employees. In my opinion, you bought your trailer from a stand-up company.
So Duo, is your trip back to SoCal due to issues you are experiencing with your Krawer or just tweaking?

gabepari

Explorer
So Duo, is your trip back to SoCal due to issues you are experiencing with your Krawer or just tweaking?

Dave can't leave anything stock :elkgrin: We are adding some under mattress storage boxes and few other farkles...

Doug, I'm glad the trailer made it home safe!

Gabe

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
I looked at a loaded one in SoCal last week, and they are first class trailer with great workmanship! :ylsmoke:
Nice to see they are pushing their own product! Since other company's are just relabeling SoCal's well designed product's.

STREGA

Explorer
Congrats. You're going to have a great time roaming back roads CO and elsewhere. Great trailers. I was by their shop last week while I was in town from Texas and got a first hand look at their very impressive work and had a chance to talk with their very able, helpful and informative employees. In my opinion, you bought your trailer from a stand-up company.

It will see a lot of Colorado, Utah and a possible Arizona Strip trip in October if things work out.

The So-Cal guys are great IMO, she's a beautiful tear drop and is going to look awesome behind the FJ Cruiser. The quality of the build is first class and everything works just like it's supposed to. All I have to do tomorrow is get the max coupler tighten down (don't have the right size socket), load our camping gear and food and up to the hills for a quick weekend getaway.

Thanks Mike, Gabe and Sierra for getting the trailer out to Colorado. Doug

gabepari

Explorer
Teaser Shots

Here are some shots of the trailer minutes before it left the shop.

IMG_2000_small.JPG

IMG_2005_small.JPG

gj91

Thats great. I have been looking at the Socal trailer for a while now - great buy. If you are looking for a lake front cabin on the Mesa we have one for sale on Hotel Twin lake. Can't miss it, just look across the lake from the lake entrance and you will see it. Little rustic but lake front property and no one to disturb the view. Awesome snowmobiling too.

STREGA

Explorer
Thats great. I have been looking at the Socal trailer for a while now - great buy. If you are looking for a lake front cabin on the Mesa we have one for sale on Hotel Twin lake. Can't miss it, just look across the lake from the lake entrance and you will see it. Little rustic but lake front property and no one to disturb the view. Awesome snowmobiling too.

Won't be needing a cabin with the tear drop. Actually my uncle has a cabin close by yours that he has for sale, also I work a part time job with the Frosts who own the RV park.

Thanks for posting up the pics Gabe, I just didn't have time to take pics let alone post them before heading out for the weekend.

First trip report and impressions:

Since Grand Mesa is less than 20 miles from the house I didn't get to tow it for very long. We did hit a rain storm that turned into a hail storm and there was 2 inches of hail on the road up on top. The TD towed very nice even in the slush and heading down hill today it felt good and is easy to back up in the driveway, a lot easier than the AT Horizon was. Since it was so stormy on Friday eve we aborted our plans to disperse camp and stayed in one of the CG close to the Hwy. so I don't have any offroad use to report yet.

Considering how hard it rained on us there were no leaks anywhere, it did drizzle/rain/hail some more on us Sat. and Sun. and we stayed nice and dry. :)

We played with the solar panel some although there wasn't a lot of sun rays to collect on Sat. so don't know how well it works but was easy to set up. The entry doors, rear hatch, cabinet doors and drawers all operate smoothly and have a very solid feel to them, I'am impressed with the build quality that So-Cal does.

I will post up more as we get more miles on her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior