05 Tacoma Back Up Light Pics

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here's some pics of my new backup lights, these work great and are off road friendly because they are out of the way, they light up problems under there if you have a "stuck" :eek:
I may make brackets to lower them a bit later but it is a great improvement over stock. The kit is a Blazer kit from Cabelas, the switch is OEM ($$$) pricey ($40) but I had to have it :D

I used the relay that came with the kit (it comes with everything) and I have it wired into the backup lights (comes on when in R) AND I can turn it on with the switch if need be w/o being in reverse :tu:

The only PITA was running the power wire inside the frame rail, it's hard to get by the gas tank but it can be done. I also relocated the trailer light plug up and out of the way while I was under there, I already bent it once off road so I recommend zip tying it up in a safe position if you're not using it and you want to 'wheel without any departure angle worries back there.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 116

asteffes

Explorer
Cool lights. I ordered one of those factory switches for my roof lights on my '06, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to connect wires to those tiny pins. How did you do it?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Great mod, especially the cleanliness of the switch setup (I presume OEM Toyota).

I just finished up adding some lights to the back of my Taco:
Taco_001.jpg

Now I need to add a switch on the dash, I have a bunch of the Sterling switches, but I would prefer using an OEM Toyota one if available... anyone know the part number for a 96' era OEM fog switch...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
asteffes said:
Cool lights. I ordered one of those factory switches for my roof lights on my '06, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to connect wires to those tiny pins. How did you do it?

There is an unused wire plug behind the dummy panel in that location, I assume it goes to the clutch cancellation (hill start) switch if you have a 6-speed. I cannibalized that OEM plug and used it for my own nefarious purposes :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier