10 days on the road. AZ to our favorite places in colorado.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Well its working good for you... great color and depth. I got a new Sony DSC-HX1 last year and have not been as happy as expected....

Great shots. Look forward to the rest.

Thanks, I do the best with what I have. I haven't experienced the Sony, but I have an Olympus (waterproof, dust proof) and the picture quality falls short. (Likely due to the model and not the brand)

Day 4 is up. soaztim.com

Video of Black Bear.
IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
Black Baer is a fun trial, not hard but the drop offs make it seem hard. Not sure if you are going to be in the Ouray area but Silver Basin off Imogene is a nice trip. As is Governor Basin and the trail to Bullion King Lake off Black Bear. BTW.... Look like you might get some snow tonight.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Did you guys go up the side track right before the mining building in Governor Basin? I was tempted to drive up it to check it out but didn't.

Some of those mines remember me of the move the 'Hills Have Eyes 2'. I wonder is the mining operation at the beginning of the ascent to Governor Basin is still using that cart with the newer light on it.

SOAZ

Did you guys go up the side track right before the mining building in Governor Basin? I was tempted to drive up it to check it out but didn't.

Some of those mines remember me of the move the 'Hills Have Eyes 2'. I wonder is the mining operation at the beginning of the ascent to Governor Basin is still using that cart with the newer light on it.

We did go up a couple side trails in Governor. Not sure which one you're referring to. I would guess that with the current price of Gold and other minerals that those two private mines are doing pretty well. I hope so for them. As long as they follow the environmental rules I think it's great to see people continuing the hard working and dangerous legacy of mining the San Juans.

Day 6 is up! soaztim.com

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

SOAZ

This one, where the red arrow is pointing to.

P1020983.jpg

Ah, I see. No, we didn't do that one. To the left in that photo was another small side trail and we drove up it to a mine. About 3/4 of the way up was a big boulder in the trail so instead of getting the winch and tugging it out of the way I hiked up to the top. Then I had the pleasure of backing down about 500 yards.

Day 7 is up and it's a big day. soaztim.com
We did, Lake City, Engineer, Animas forks, California Pass, Poughkeepsie, Ouray, Mineral, Cinnamon pass, Carson City Ghost town, Continental Divide and Colorado Trail on to Heart Lake.

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online