Hookingup2.jpg

Hookingup.jpg

headingbacktocamp.jpg

Gettingreadyforfirstattempt.jpg

flexoverstump2.jpg

Flexoverstump.jpg

srodocker

Observer
the last pic of my last post with the flex is my favorite picture. i'll have some pics of the jeep. the pic of the broken bumper is a little toyota that tried to pull him out...yea didnt work

finallygothimout.jpg

Beginingtherecovery.jpg

101_0277.jpg

101_0267.jpg

101_0270.jpg

101_0265.jpg

101_0264.jpg

101_0263.jpg

heres a pic of me coming back from the oregon dunes and my mom caught me on the traffic cam.
100MEDIA36IMAG0248.jpg

bldeagle10

Explorer
what process do you go through running the motor oil? do you run it through a filtration system first then throw it in the tank with or without the gas mixture? and I have to ask where you get that much used oil :) I plan on owning a deuce or two one day, I know the first one I own will have to be bobbed with an m107 trailer for the bed..thinking complete resto then beat the hell out of it camping! glad to see one of these on here though, further inspiration for me...keep the pix coming, I love 'em

few more questions, do you have or have you thought about on board air?
where do you go for parts if needed? i only know of a few websites but not really anywhere i can go in person.
how does it fare in the sand and mud? had any problems driving anywhere at all?

srodocker

Observer
For running WMO i can throw it in as is. but i filter it with a barrel pump and a 15micron water seperator and a 5 micro filter. and walla some good fuel. i mix it after the fuel is in the tank. i like to keep my barrels filled with as much oil as i can as i can fill up with other fuels at any station.

these have on board air on them.
parts i order off line or i have a local guy i go too.
sand it did very well putted around in low 3rd with 6x6 engaged. mud it crawls right through it.

with no power steering it is hard to get some places. most people after seeing me drive it in to tight places think theres power steering when it doesnt. it does take getting use to with backing up the m105 series of trailers as there small compared to the truck.

i park my truck at my apartment and i can back in pretty quick now hehehe makes me a better driver. i live in a city too hhe

bldeagle10

Explorer
the on board air is mainly for the air brakes or in some cases air assist steering if I remember correctly, personally I would want a second onboard air supply just so I'm not using the important compressor to air up tires or run air tools. just something I heard about on extreme 4x4 at least when they bobbed a deuce...

I will keep the oil filtration method in mind for future reference, thanks for that. and I kind of know what you mean as far as driving something big in the city making you a better driver, I'm used to driving suburbans. no where near the size of a deuce but I know I can drive bigger vehicles a hell of a lot better than any of my friends. and I park flawlessly 99% of the time.

can't wait to see the progress on this build up. I'm excited lol.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Too bad I am not an American citizen in regards to purchasing a Deuce. The end user certificate rules out any Canadians buying from a government liquidation in the USA.:(

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Not to worry. CDF are planning on modernizing their tactical transport fleet according to Defense News to the tune of over a billion dollars IIRC last week. You should see some well equipped/cared for CDF vehicles FS in the next 2 years.

Little Red

Adventurer
Thanks for answering my questions.
I am looking at one of these that’s up for auction right now.
I have a couple more questions; do you know the curb weight of it?
I want to know so I can calculate the taxes I have to pay over it if I where to buy one and also my insurance needs it for a more accurate quote.
And is it true that you can run the engine on both gas and diesel fuel? It says multi-fuel engine in the listing I am looking at.
Thanks a lot

srodocker

Observer
bldeagle: about the air you can use the air for anything the compressor does a very fine job of putting out air. granted you cant use air tools forever with the 2 tanks. but i can air up tires even my big meats without the low air buzzer going off.

tangloblue: you should look at our craiglist list site and see if you can get one from there, my knowledge is not up to par on importing.

curb weight is about 13500lbs. for collectors plates i piad about 245$ but i dont have to get tabs or anything anymore. one and done! hhahah

Little Red

Adventurer
Just bought a deuce and a half

I bid on 6 of them and ended up wining one.
It’s a 1968 AMC M45A2
It is a 2.5 ton 6x6 type 3 water tender and looks like it has a removable tank on top of the flatbed.
Hopefully I will be able to view it tomorrow and take some pictures of it.

:wings:

bldeagle10

Explorer
I personally would try to get recreational vehicle insurance on one once i get one, if this helps clear up questions about importing to canada, from what I understand and I may be wrong but basically (and I mean very basically) a U.S. citizen can buy one, but if that citizen decides to drive it out of the country that is fine, but when they decide to return home, they most likely will not allow it to re enter the U.S. that is just what I have read about them, there are lots of sites if you google search for more info, also, once it's in canada I have no idea what happens from there on your end. no idea how hard it would be to register it up there etc. hell, if I lived up north instead of arizona Id offer to help pick one up for you..

to the OP, thanks for the info, how do your lockers work for you? any good?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Its good to hear that Canada will probably be auchtioning off a lot of military vehicles. I am looking for a 6by6 that has a crane on it. Not one of the old style wreckers but a somewhat modern Hiab as I want to move roof trusses and other building materials. Docker, I really like the work that you have done with your Deuce. The paint is looking great and the new tires are also awesome. Do those big tires have any rubbing issues? Also, I have heard that you can install the power steering set-up off a 5 ton 6by6 on a Deuce. From what I understand it is a bolt on swap for the cummins motor. Keep those pics coming, as we all love pics....:)

srodocker

Observer
Littlered you bid on the GSA trucks? which one did you get? and i can help if its local if you need.

bldeagle10: Theres a cpl club members who drive down their truck a cpl times a year from BC and drive back up no problems. and the truck doesnt have lockers...i may have said that in my original post i gota look into it. i want to get ARB air lockers but thats way down on the list hehehe.

chilliwak: the big tires rub in the front at full right turn on the steering arm which isnt to bad. yea you can instal power steering on these big boys from a 5ton which i have the setup i just need to instal it but i drive it so much i dont want it to be unable to drive for a bit as i work fulltime and have a weird schedule hahaha.

i'll take some pics tomorrow as i have to clean out the back some. TONS of pics will be taken on September 24th as were having a decent size Military vehicle gathering that im hosting heheh

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i saw this originally over on Zombie Hunters, funny to see it come all the way over here.

how come you didn't use TruckLite LED headlights in your setup? i foresee a deuce in my future, its fun seeing all these builds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94