m35a2 build....and m105 camper build

bldeagle10

Explorer
i don't believe you said you had lockers in the first post, I just know that some m35a2 came with them so i assumed you had them. didn't know ARB made lockers for these things. but then again, not sure what axles they have either..

srodocker

Observer
marshal: Yea heheh i have like 4 sites the build thread is on. i didnt use trucklite headlights yet because of the cost. there not cheap hehehe. i'll stick with the hella 75w until the leds come down in price. i have the led taillights and ordering the front turn signals in led as well

bldeagle: theres a version of the m35a2 thats from say norway i think dont quote me on that one but they came with lockers. the axles are the 2 1/2 ton rockwells that all the offroaders love so theres quite a bit of aftermarket stuff for them

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
the on board air is mainly for the air brakes or in some cases air assist steering if I remember correctly, personally I would want a second onboard air supply just so I'm not using the important compressor to air up tires or run air tools. just something I heard about on extreme 4x4 at least when they bobbed a deuce...

I will keep the oil filtration method in mind for future reference, thanks for that. and I kind of know what you mean as far as driving something big in the city making you a better driver, I'm used to driving suburbans. no where near the size of a deuce but I know I can drive bigger vehicles a hell of a lot better than any of my friends. and I park flawlessly 99% of the time.

can't wait to see the progress on this build up. I'm excited lol.

it has hydraulic brakes with air assist. if the compressor goes out you can still stop - just not easily. none of the M35A2s came with power steering, Air-Assist power steering didn't come about till the M35A3 of the late 80s and early 90s.

JOnesbilt24

Iraq Deuce

Man I love Deuces I pulled one out of the DRMO junk yard at AL asad Iraq. We were looking for a Van or car to drive around but luck would have it a National Guard Deuce was in the back and we drove it out and payed for it with a signature. We put a new clutch in it fan belt and installed an AAVP7A1 AAV fuel pump in the fuel cell, theyre the same btw. I also singled out the rears. When I left the company who relieved us totally de milled it and could drive it aroung in t shirts and sun glasses, while we were in full battle rattle since it technically was a tactical vehicle. Anyway Id love another maybe a M109. Great Job keep us posted

bldeagle10

Explorer
that Detroit locker is cheaper than I thought they would be, I would prefer a selectable locker though, air>electric>mechanical, but that's just me

thank you for the info Marshal

my comment on the lockers is because my buddy I met in college has an old Deuce on his ranch and it had the factory lockers. his rig was what turned me on to m35's one day I will have one or two :)

what kind of MPG do you see?

srodocker

Observer
im seeing around 8 right now. i'll have to truly test it soon. its hard to calculate as i just use a barrel pump to fill to the top and not sure how many gals im putting in.

yea i want a select locker as well...ARB air lockers is what i want heheh

bldeagle10

Explorer
ARB would be my first choice, they are about 1000 for the rockwell's though, 3 grand for lockers is a bit crazy though, (another reason to bob it :p) not sure if they make E lockers for these though. could be another option but I have issues with wiring as it is...

srodocker

Observer
Yea there pricey. i need to win some money somehow hahahah. i was thinking of just starting with locking up the middle tandem. i so want a 4 door bobbed deuce with a hmmwv slant back on it. e lockers? dont know much about those

bldeagle10

Explorer
electric lockers, I've never seen a 4 door with the hmmwv fast back, i'll have to do a little google magic on that one...

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Eaton (owner of Detroit Locker) manufactures most of the E-lockers available. an E-locker functions mechanically smilier to an air locker. there is a plate that slides over on the cogs that lock the drive unit together. the main difference is that on an E-locker is actuated by an electromagnet vs an air diaphragm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior