2011 ford ranger sport front diff?

turbolab

Observer
did some searching but i can't find out what diff is in the front of my ranger, i would like to re gear so if some one can help me out it would be much appreciated

Ryan

turbolab

Observer
looks like i got a super 30 now the only issue is no one make gears for it so i need to find out if dana 30 gears will work. i'm supprised there is no after market support for these trucks they were number one selling midsize from 1989 to 2005

Ryan

turbolab

Observer
i'm going to talk with dealer towmorrow because the cover is shaped like a super 30, i hope it's a dana 35 though because they don't make gears for the super 30. u are the first to give me a straight answer and i hope you are right. i'm over on explorerforum.com to with the same Q.

Ryan

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
The Ranger has used a Dana 35 center section with the IFS since 1998 (it was a reverse rotation Dana 35 unit with the TTB before that.) The Explorer since 1995, the Aerostar since the late 1980's.

IIRC, there is a Torsen gear-drive limited slip available for the Dana 35. I'm pretty sure a TruTrac is available also. You can't go wrong with either of these (depending on your application/needs, of course.)

turbolab

Observer
The Ranger has used a Dana 35 center section with the IFS since 1998 (it was a reverse rotation Dana 35 unit with the TTB before that.) The Explorer since 1995, the Aerostar since the late 1980's.

IIRC, there is a Torsen gear-drive limited slip available for the Dana 35. I'm pretty sure a TruTrac is available also. You can't go wrong with either of these (depending on your application/needs, of course.)

deletewhendone004.jpg

thank u i also comfirmed with the dealer and got this print out you can tell by the diff cover

Ryan

turbolab

Observer
i got it covered it was throughing me off becarse randys ring and pinion shows a jeep dana 35 witch is round and as you can see the ranger dana 35 has square edges, so when i looked under the truck at first glance it looked super 30 (similar in shape to jeep dana 30 cover)

i'm very happy that i got a dana 35 because i have gear options now

Ryan

turbolab

Observer
also i'm a member on all the major ford ranger forums but the explorerforum is my fav ( i had this question here and there at the same time) got qickest reply here though

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society

I should have said "high pinion", not reverse rotation. High pinion, as opposed to the solid axle (Jeep style) standard pinion. Yes, they are not interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000