Tiger has some new infomation

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
As a Tiger wannabe, I tend to follow the user group, etc. My understanding is that Provan added the Dodge due to requests. And many of those requests are based on the assumption that the Cummins Diesel offers advantages over the Ford/Chevrolet.

That said, everyone who owns the Duramax/Allison combo raves about it.

cwsqbm

Explorer
The advantages I see of the Ram chassis:
(1) no DPF to carry
(2) Cummis engine more proven than Ford, and more servicable outside North America than Ford/Chevy.
(3) available manual transmission
(4) solid front axle compared to Chevy.

sourdough

Adventurer
Tiger coach on Ram 3500HD 4x4 diesel dually tow rig

I purchased this used 2013 Tiger CX 4x4 ...
2013%20Tiger%20Bengal%20CX_zpsw8lms05h.jpg

a couple months ago. It had been in storage and was basically still new with less than 400 miles. Any used Tiger for sale is rare to find, finding this one was surreal. They no longer make the Bengal CX, only the TX which has 5 inches of added interior height. This 2012 Ram chassis has a Cummins (pre-DEF) and a 6 spd. manual transmission (last year before the break). The OP optioned it for towing. For a couple years Dodge dropped the 6 spd. manual transmission but I see it's back. With so much diesel torque, it easily pulls away in 3rd gear and short shifting 3rd to 5th is another option. I have driven it 5,000 miles mostly on paved roads. I really like the rig so far even with some needed coach adjustments. RV coach work in general does not have the build standards anywhere near automotive levels.
I have found this platform isn't for off-roading by any means, just a RV that has 4 wheel drive. The rear 4.10 axle has a limited-slip, front is open and has shift on the fly 4x4 system. I am thinking about adding manual locking hubs. 1st gear Lo-range would be really nice for maneuvering in tight spaces while on pavement. The factory added air bags to the rear suspension and the rest is stock. I am working on suspension upgrades for potholed pavement and washboard gravel surfaces. I'm dumping the air bags and adding a few items from Super Springs on the rear and Bilstein 5160's on the front. 4 wheel drive is for getting un-stuck on these rigs IMO. This rig will tow any real off-roader to any trail head with ease.

Last edited:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I purchased this used 2013 Tiger CX 4x4 ...
2013%20Tiger%20Bengal%20CX_zpsw8lms05h.jpg

a couple months ago. It had been in storage and was basically still new with less than 400 miles. Any used Tiger for sale is rare to find, finding this one was surreal. They no longer make the Bengal CX, only the TX which has 5 inches of added interior height. This 2012 Ram chassis has a Cummins (pre-DEF) and a 6 spd. manual transmission (last year before the break). The OP optioned it for towing. For a couple years Dodge dropped the 6 spd. manual transmission but I see it's back. With so much diesel torque, it easily pulls away in 3rd gear and short shifting 3rd to 5th is another option, LOL a 3 spd. I have driven it 4,000 miles mostly on paved roads. I really like the rig so far even with some needed coach adjustments. RV coach work in general does not have the build standards anywhere near automotive levels.
I have found this platform isn't for off-roading by any means, just a RV that has 4 wheel drive. The rear 4.10 axle has a limited-slip, front is open and has shift on the fly 4x4 system. I am thinking about adding manual locking hubs. 1st gear Lo-range would be really nice for maneuvering in tight spaces while on pavement. The factory added air bags to the rear suspension and the rest is stock. I am working on suspension upgrades for potholed pavement and washboard gravel surfaces. I'm dumping the air bags and adding a few items from Super Springs on the rear and Bilstein 5160's all around. 4 wheel drive is for getting un-stuck on these rigs IMO. This rig will tow any real off-roader to any trail head with ease.

Very nice find

I will be jealous until I get the call you are ready to sell it.:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz