FWIW- multiple military trailers find in Central PA

Binksman

Observer
Just sharing, I've got no affiliation with the guy other than I just picked up a new-to-me M116A2 trailer for $300:)

Milton Enterprises in Watsontown, PA. Ask for Robert. I. There were 6-8 that I saw, most with wheels and good tires, but without hitches and brake assemblies. The only real downside is that he doesn't have titles for any, but for me that's not a problem since I can register it as homemade.

I didn't see anything smaller than that, but I did see a LOT of nice military equipment including some 2.5 ton generator trailers and an a double axle, dual wheel flatbed with a 12 foot aluminum deck that was used for missile platforms. It would be perfect for a small toy hauler/camper project.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Pa is a real B***ch for titling trailers as home made! It will cost more to register it than it cost to buy it.
Check the other blogs here about Maine? registration. The M116 is a great frame to work with.
Keep us up on your progress.
Mark Harley

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I currently have two of them....great platform. No hitch is no biggie, I cut them off anyways. One has the Max Coupler and the other has had a Bulldog installed.

That's right by 80 on the way to Williamsport. I'll check them out, as I have to go visit my Mom in a couple of weeks and replace her hot water heater.

Thanks for posting it

Pat

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Titanpat57:

Shoot some pictures of what he has.

"Your MOM is a sturdy woman, going without hot water for two weeks"

JPK

Explorer
MD is a pita wrt trailer titles too, at least in my experience. I can't get a title for one of my M101's...

I have also heard that Maine is the state to title and register a trailer if your hime state isn't cooperative. And once you get a title in one state it should be easy to get a title in any other state, though you will pays sales or registration tax twice...

JPK

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Titanpat57:

Shoot some pictures of what he has.

"Your MOM is a sturdy woman, going without hot water for two weeks"

She is pretty sturdy for 78...I think she can STILL kick my ***....:)

The HW heater is on it's way...but not gone yet....just don't want to wait until the winter to deal with it...I grew up in Billtown, so I'm familiar with the Milton/Watsontown area area.

For $300 that's a great start. Here in NY I just title them as homemade, but they have to be under a 1000# ( I think I may have been juuuuuust a hair off the side of the scale when I got the last one weighed...she came in around 995# :ylsmoke:)

Binksman

Observer
I titled my car trailer as homemade, the paperwork was the hardest part. Fees came to around $80-90. I also had to get an inspection for $100 and take pictures to submit with the paperwork.

I'm sticking with a pintle hitch, but I am welding a 2-1/2" receiver tube to the tongue so I can remove the lunette to use on my other trailers. Other than a tire with a clogged valve stem, this trailer is in great shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior