post your Suburban pics

Dutch Matrix

I'm looking for ideas for interior. What are you guys doing for expo like interior? Anyone have a sleeping platform? Or any kind of tool mounts or barn door fold down platforms? Lookin for a quick weekend project, haha.

jimed43

Adventurer
Has anyone seen a mille web setup for the bottom half of the barn doors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dieselfuel

Adventurer
Has anyone seen a mille web setup for the bottom half of the barn doors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

molle?
no i havent but that'd be pretty damn cool.

my 89 GMC in southern utah.
8F9C576A-24D7-4BD1-8A90-0F3694EB9BC5_zps9mbvnvks.jpg

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Larry: I am 6' tall. :eek:
Sitting in my truck, my estimation is that my most usable viewing area will be uninterupted.

jimed43: can you explain a little more? Do you have a '93 and up truck? My understanding is these shelves dont work with all factory overhead consoles.

I have a Shelf It in mine. I'm just shy of 6'6" and have no visibility issues with it there. I'm going to use it to mount switches for the lights, air compressor and the CB unit.

Dutch Matrix

A lot of good ideas. I think im gunna remove the carpeted part of the barn doors and put sheet metal, with some shelves and quick fists

Renntag

Adventurer
I have a Shelf It in mine. I'm just shy of 6'6" and have no visibility issues with it there. I'm going to use it to mount switches for the lights, air compressor and the CB unit.

This is great news. I have wanted to create an overhead shelf and looking at time and money, the shelf it seems like a no brainer. It's wasted space up above. I don't plan to put loose stuff that can fall, but rather to mount things that would otherwise clutter my dash area. Thanks for the comment WoofWagon.

molle?
no i havent but that'd be pretty damn cool.
my 89 GMC in southern utah.
No idea what the "Molle" is, but I must say that I am happy to see the burb project out in it's natural habitat. Nice work !!!

This is an epic thread and one that I am also following. I plan to incorporate some of these features. My thought was to make a modular system that I can completely remove to have use of the full cargo capacity of my Burb. My interest is to install a system for camping but be able to remove it in 2' wide sections and make a shelf spot in the garage to store it when not in use. Campsite gear, fridge, chuck box and off road survival gear. would be what I'd want to store with a flat surface on top for sleeping.

Keep the burb pics coming. Really enjoying this thread.

synonymous

Great rigs all around. Was there any frame differences in the 8th gen burbs (73-91) between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 tons? I know about the suspension/axles/drivetrain, but is there anything actually stronger about the 3/4 frames?

BigTex

Observer
First "camping trip" with the suburban. These pictures kinda over sell the experience. It was a "Daddy/Kid" campout for my daughters school. Just a quick overnight at a local city owned park at a near by lake. We loaded the 'burb, and were at the park in about 15 minutes. Very Expedition Portal worthy......

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3B39%3Enu%3D37%3A2%3E8%3B5%3E%3A%3B%3B%3E28938%3B5%3B%3A%3C257ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv377%3C4%3Enu%3D37%3A2%3E8%3B5%3E%3A%3C3%3E28938%3B5%3B%3B4257ot1lsi

BradyD

Observer
Just curious, has anyone on here ever done a hatch to barn doors conversion? One of the hinges on my glass has started to separate and the only solution is a whole new rear glass. My last burb had the barn doors and I prefer them over the hatch (that debate will rage on for years!) don't know how plausible that is. Plus, I would never be able to match the camo wrap on mine if I added new body parts. it has been fading in the sun for 5+ years so that presents another challenge. im sure I would be better off just having the dealer replace the glass and be done with it. Opinions?

By the way, added more lights.....always more light!!2014-11-09 20.14.11.jpg

Renntag

Adventurer
Just curious, has anyone on here ever done a hatch to barn doors conversion?
I have not read of anyone doing this. I am certain it is possible as "ANYTHING" is possible. How straight forward this conversion is I believe can be figured out with an intimate knowledge of the collision manual and all the stamped components in the rear of both models. I have asked this question with regard to the 73-91 burb. I have not gotten an answer.

Obviously there is a balance between effort and value. Since there are so many burbs of your model series available, I think it might more costly to swap than to get a different burb.

... (that debate will rage on for years!)
I agree.

I would never be able to match the camo wrap on mine if I added new body parts. it has been fading in the sun for 5+ years so that presents another challenge....

I think that if you needed to match the wrap, that shouldnt be a problem as the wrap maker should be able to lighten the image to duplicate the fade.
Much like increasing the opaque quality of a layer in a multi layer image.

You asked for an opinion: Replace the glass and leave it alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94