post your Suburban pics

JB-weld

I guess I haven't posted up in here yet:peepwall: I traded a well built YJ to the owner(Emil) of Master-Pull(we happen to live in the same town), for some cash and a '90 V2500 Burb they were using as a work truck. It's similar to Larry's recent Craigslist find in that is a semi-rare 4 speed truck. The owner before Emil, who must have been an expo fan, had already done a mild ORD lift with swaybar disconnects, and a custom rear bumper. I've been using it as a daily driver for over a year, but recently burned an exhaust valve in the TBI 5.7, so its parked for now. I'm in the process of collecting parts for a Cummins swap that should start in a couple months. It's in great shape, and I'm looking forward to building it into a nice family camper/tow rig.

Thanksgivingsnow001.jpg

The YJ I traded for it:

MoreJeepstuff096.jpg

I 3-linked the front with Coilovers, and 4-linked the rear with TJ springs. Built dana 44's(trussed with alloys), 4.3 vortec swap, family style cage, etc. It turned into a very nice Jeep, but I'll build another one when the Suburban is done. Master-Pull is using it for some of their magazine ads.

Calplaya

Adventurer
my 89 burban baby!

After seeing all the really nice, rust free and super clean burbans and Tahoes here, I was really debating weather or not to show mine lol. Im new to this forum and website, so be gentle lol :p anyway, I may be buying a 2000 lifted Tahoe one of these days, but in the meantime, this is my expedition vehicle. Its an 89 Burban with a 2 inch lift, nothing too spectacular. right now it has 31 inch tires but they are almost bald (even while being so my burban get thru more stuff in 2 wheel drive with nearly bald tires then a lot of my buddies in their 03 and up newer fords and chevys and toyotas) but im gunna put a good set of 33 inch tires on her eventually. also put on a nice dual exhaust recently too. maybe might put on a roof rack in the future if i can pick one up cheap enough, and of course put lights on her then too. but without further adieu, her she is:

this is after i just bought it this summer, took it out for the first time

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...48361734_1282770040_33456920_1361139019_n.jpg

It only took me abnout ten seconds after buying her to figure out i hated those stupid running boards, they had to go!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...48641741_1282770040_33456921_1633517217_n.jpg

heres a front shot of it after mudding

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...49041751_1282770040_33456922_2037937695_n.jpg

voila! no more running boards! we actually had to grind off the bolts they were so rusty lol

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...849441761_1282770040_33456924_725412515_n.jpg

here it is outside my apartment, next to my roommates burban

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...50201780_1282770040_33456925_1457000194_n.jpg

this fall, just got to my parents after church

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...850881797_1282770040_33456926_557488415_n.jpg

and finally, me with my burban, ive since shaved, but couldnt resist taking this picture before i did lol!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375875_2625430156671_1282770040_33159476_839592972_n.jpg

To date I have not gotten this bad boy stuck, and believe me, I have tried! If anyone has any cheap mod ideas, please, feel free to throw them out there! i hope you guys like her, shes had a rough life, but it aint near dead!

Calplaya

Adventurer
oh man I love your Burban!!! that things is gorgeous! Where did you get your front bumper and winch? were they spendy? also, is that a CB antenna?

Dogmann

Observer
I have a 97 GMC 1500 suburban. I want to put the black steel wheels on it. What size 16 inch wheel will fit?

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I have a 97 GMC 1500 suburban. I want to put the black steel wheels on it. What size 16 inch wheel will fit?

What tires do you want to run? You can get everything from a 16x6 to a 16x12 pretty commonly. You definitely need a 6x5.5 lug pattern.

Calplaya

Adventurer
upcoming projects.

Well next weekend im going to get cracking on a couple of my projects for the burban. the main thing will be doing next weekend will be sanding the rust along the bottom and rockers so i can effectively apply the rust inhibetor. since im purpose building this burban i dont ever plan on selling it, so im going to do a very cheap "repair" of the sheet metal by buying some 16 guage metal and cutting it to fit behind the metal and spot welding it in, and then fill in the holes with spray foam. after everything is dry then i will apply some rustoleum bed liner to the bottom up to the plastic body molding. this will at least make it look complete and add a slight bit more rigidity lol, tho not much.

It already has 2 inch spacer blocks installed (they were there when i bought it) and im looking around for a cheap used pair of 33x13.5 inch tires (we have a shop around here that specializes in good take off tires, so they are looking around for me too, last time i went thru them i got some awesome tires for only 100 bucks, installed.) and after i put those tires on hopefully il have enough money saved up for pocket style fendor flares (mainly they will help disguise the rust again lol, but at least they double as looking awesome). im also going to set up the inside of my burban like you see some of these trucks with the campers on top, with the sub floor basically with underfloor storage and the ability to sleep on top of it. im going to document the whole thing, so il post in here and maybe make my own thread on it too. and i may make a couple of videos documenting it and posting them on my youtube, so if its something you guys would be interested, stay tuned! :D i have many other plans, but i want to leave a few surprises haha ;)

cumminsbronco

Burban level 45.JPG
Here's a picture of my 97 Suburban, K1500 with a P-pumped 12v Cummins/nv4500/241dhd/Ford super duty axles....d60 front and sterling 10.5 rear. I tried to keep it as low as possible with the sas, but ended up with about 4 or 4 1/2" lift. Needs 35's under it. It's my annual South Dakota hunting trip vehicle. I've had it since new and it now has 240K on it, with about the last 1000 or so with the Cummins diesel.

cumminsbronco

Very nice setup there, gotta love a 12v Cummins in just about anything and yours looks really clean.[
You're right about loving it............have to love 20-25 mpg. 20 local and 25 at 60mph or so on state roads. I'm not sure what I'll get on strictly interstate, but I'd guess somewhat less than 25.

BigTex

Observer
Do you have a build thread on doing the SAS? I really like how low it sits, and will still sit with 35's for a SAS'd burb. Nicely done!

cumminsbronco

Do you have a build thread on doing the SAS? I really like how low it sits, and will still sit with 35's for a SAS'd burb. Nicely done!

....I do have some pictures posted at www.dieselsnguns.blogspot.com I at one time had 27 new 2003 Ford Super Duty front Dana 60's. I also have a set of 79 Ford Dana 60's. If you know, the superduty version uses a metric bolt pattern, and the 79 uses the conventional 8x6.5 pattern. The 79 set would have gone in easier, but I found a nice set of metric wheels first, and that is the axle I used. It is a "not so easy" swap, as the spring pads are set on a 37.5 inch width instead of the 36.5 inch or 32 inch width of earlier axles. It is doable though, obviously. I fabricated all the spring mounts, after looking at various versions that are offered by ORU and a few others. Springs for the front are 22-402HD's and the rears are 22-907HD's. I am surprised how smoothly it rides.....it's not carlike, like the IFS was, but for heavy truck springs it is not bad at all. The rears were chosen because I have a 32' enclsed car hauler to tow.
As you can see by my post count, I'm fairly new here and am not sure how many photos I can post. I'll post up any pics you'd like to see.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
CumminsBronco, all i have to say is nice ride!:Wow1: Now when you build a Cummins powered Bronco, from 1970, i will be really impressed!:)

cumminsbronco

CumminsBronco, all i have to say is nice ride!:Wow1: Now when you build a Cummins powered Bronco, from 1970, i will be really impressed!:)

ah oh......guess how my username came about....how about a 1972 Bronco with a Cummins4bta, nv4500, np241, 4 wheel steering dana 60's? It's not finished, but it wouldn't take me long once I get back on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles