post your Suburban pics

Smithy

Observer
Mine so far. 1999, 6.5 turbo diesel, 4L80, NP241, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 37" Goodyear MTRs, homemade double beadlock wheels. Some other modifications too. . . Shes a work in progress

Last edited:

Renntag

Adventurer
Super sweet burb. Love this vintage with a stick axle swap up front.
Curious to learn more about your beadlocks.

I am formerly from Rome. I have spent significant time in Syracuse.

Mine so far. 1999, 6.5 turbo diesel, 4L80, NP241, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 37" Goodyear MTRs, homemade double beadlock wheels. Some other modifications too. . . Shes a work in progress

Smithy

Observer
Checked that out. Very cool.
I'd love to have a sweet set of custom wheels like this. For now I am going to stick with my stockers. When I can afford an upgrade, I might look at a set of used H2 Aluminum wheels painted black.

I had a set of H2s, but with the cost of 37s to fit a 17" wheel, it was a lot less money to use the mil surplus stuff.

dieselfuel

Adventurer

That's sexy!! I went back and forth for a while on wheel size til I finally bought some H2 wheels. I'd rather have a more common wheel size in case I need to find a spare in some small town somewhere. My dad had a hard time finding 16.5 tires back in the late 90s in Greenriver Utah, they've only become more uncommon since.

Smithy

Observer
That's sexy!! I went back and forth for a while on wheel size til I finally bought some H2 wheels. I'd rather have a more common wheel size in case I need to find a spare in some small town somewhere. My dad had a hard time finding 16.5 tires back in the late 90s in Greenriver Utah, they've only become more uncommon since.

Thanks!! Its far from done, ok it will never be done, lol. Doing some chemotherapy, paint, and bumpers right now. Thinking about starting a build thread here, going forward anyway.

I agree, new 16.5s are all but gone. If I went with a smaller tire I definitely wouldn't have picked them, and 37s aren't a size typically stocked by small shops anyway. There is a large enough supply of used/surplus to last a long time, and companies like Treadwright that remold good carcasses. And yes I have a few spares :D

dar395

Adventurer
Burbs, one of our loves!

026.jpg016.jpg017.jpg
I drive the Utility Versions as in G-surplus, My "Yellow Face" named after the range in the Smokies.

This one is for long road travels and hard sand.

It is sweet and when purchased for $1,720 had just 14k on her, she's a good girl.

The white one is a wait an see, it will be taken around north America for 60 days hopefully in 2016, under construction for a full re-do.

I'll post pictures of my other baby.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 109

Renntag

Adventurer
I like the white burb, is that a 69-70?
Interesting flooring option in the pre '99.

Looking forward to your build progress.

CAPTNDAVIE

Observer
I like this. Simple and utilitarian looking. I really like the front bumper too. Its not to big looking.

I cant remember if I posted a pic here or not. Here is another old Square body.

1170878_10200104831058312_803216826_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz