post your Suburban pics

Renntag

Adventurer
(Trying to upload picture with little success)
Just started towing with my V2500. I was expecting it to. have a little more carrying capacity. Trailer only has some household stuff, no race car, tools, and spares. (Less tongue weight).
It needs a load leveling hitch pronto.
I raised the ball so the trailer is now more level.

New springs and dampers are in the near future.

Renntag

Adventurer
Just started towing with my V2500. I was expecting it to. have a little more carrying capacity. Trailer only has some household stuff, no race car, tools, and spares. (Less tongue weight).

qe6etu8a.jpg

Erik N

Adventurer

The square-body 4x4 Burb's don't really have that high of a towing rating... around 5500# IIRC. They only came w/ 350's and didn't get the oversize brakes. The 2WD versions were the towmasters of the group, w/ a 454 and heavier springs they could haul around 10K I think.

I have towed 5500# briefly w/ my '88 V20 and agree it was not the chosen vehicle for that. I borrowed my Dad's '91 K2500 pickup, much better.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
35% on the windshield is sometimes nice because it cuts on the glare of oncoming headlights at night...but it also makes the car or truck to dark in my opinion. You pretty much have to roll the side widows down if you're at a stop sign and going to pull into traffic. He was just trying to look cool I think.. :)

Windshield tint makes a much sense as driving with sunglasses on at night.

Renntag

Adventurer
The square-body 4x4 Burb's don't really have that high of a towing rating... around 5500# IIRC. They only came w/ 350's and didn't get the oversize brakes. The 2WD versions were the towmasters of the group, w/ a 454 and heavier springs they could haul around 10K I think.

I have towed 5500# briefly w/ my '88 V20 and agree it was not the chosen vehicle for that. I borrowed my Dad's '91 K2500 pickup, much better.
I was not aware of this. Makes sense.
This burb isnt well suited to hauling a 24' enclosed trailer. It struggles to get up to speed and porpoises with pavement imperfections. I guess I have been spoiled with a long run of 4x4 3500 diesels that perform this same task with out breaking a sweat.

Long term plans do not include this same towing task, making it less of an issue. Lack of power will be resolved with a 6BT repower.

Had an awesome towing experience yesterday with a tire failure on a busy highway.
ty9adupu.jpg

jevemyhu.jpg

Lug

1991 V2500

Was hoping to have an "action" shot of the new to me 1991 on the beach during our salmon dip netting trip this weekend. But it wasn't to be as I have a failed Warn hub on the drivers side. Almost ended up stuck on the beach below the high tide mark. So the only trip photo I ended up with is this campground shot. It was taken at about 11:00 at night, gotta love Alaska summer.
91 burb.jpg

Johnston Robare

Spotted Burbs

Here is one I saw in Denver back in Jan:
20140119_154324.jpg

20140119_154522.jpg

One I found at the junk yard. I am convinced that Suburbans are the readily available 4x4 vans that the camper van people wish existed! I could totally see a Westfalia interior built in this space :ylsmoke:
20140220_140526.jpg

20140220_140556.jpg

And spotted at the grocery store just recently:
20140717_211138.jpg

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
I am convinced that Suburbans are the readily available 4x4 vans that the camper van people wish existed!

Absolutely, and exactly why I bought mine. I would have liked the extra space of a van, but my Burb gives me 4x4, a bigblock, and roll-down windows for the dogs...
I'm just waiting for someone to produce a pop-top!
Robert

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I heard of people converting the westy tops onto suburbans and other vehicles.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
You i was just thinking i have seen tv tops on suburans you get one of an old van a maybe make one from that.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Dutch Matrix

here's mine, nothing special yet. I finally finished the car i was building, so I plan on getting this together. going with a rough country 6 inch lift, since I had it on my last truck and liked i. also building some custom bumpers, rear will have a swing out. 35 inch tires, sliders, and some interior mods to make it livable. should get the ball rolling in about 2 weeks.

here you can see im repping the sticker, since I learned so much here. love this website! lol

Renntag

Adventurer
here's mine, nothing special yet. ...
here you can see im repping the sticker, since I learned so much here. love this website! lol

Sweet. Love the all black.

I agree that this site has lots of great info. Looking forward to seeing yours come together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior