post your Suburban pics

AceofSpadesSgt

Well after owning my Burban for 6 months now, I figured I would share some pictures. Now, she isnt anything special but she gets me to and from the work place, the fishin hole, and the family to the soccer/football games. She came to me stock and needing some love and incorrect hardware/tires.

99 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4

Completed List
-Replaced the miserable 225/75R16 tires/wheels WITH Restored Chevy Rally 2's wrapped in 31x10.50R15 General Grabber AT2's
-Replaced Radiator
-Replaced Power Steering Pump
-Installed Cobra CB
-Installed Wheelen PA
-Installed Husky Liners
-1500w Power Invertor
-Small Audio System
-5900k Headlights Low/High

To Do List
-Finish restoring Beauty Rings/Center Caps
-3" Body Lift
-3" Suspension lift
-Full set of rain gaurds lol
-Billet grill

photo.JPGView attachment 181150photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.JPGphoto 8.JPG

aaldape

Observer
Major lurker on this forum, but figured I'd add to the thread since I have something that fits in...

1988 V2500 Suburban, 6.0EFI swap, 4L80E + NP208. Has the 10 bolt front and 14 bolt semi float rear, Eaton E-Lockers front and rear, blah blah blah.

As most of these go, it's got an ongoing to-do list as well...

zumy4ema.jpg

evuba7e2.jpg

ugugumeh.jpg

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Definitely one of the nicest examples I've seen. Your truck looks great and obviously well cared for.

Major lurker on this forum, but figured I'd add to the thread since I have something that fits in...

1988 V2500 Suburban, 6.0EFI swap, 4L80E + NP208. Has the 10 bolt front and 14 bolt semi float rear, Eaton E-Lockers front and rear, blah blah blah.

As most of these go, it's got an ongoing to-do list as well...

zumy4ema.jpg

evuba7e2.jpg

ugugumeh.jpg

aaldape

Observer
Definitely one of the nicest examples I've seen. Your truck looks great and obviously well cared for.

Much appreciated señor. This summer took a toll on the exterior. Minor dings, clear coat finally started peeling, and fast. Really focused on keeping it mechanically solid and reliable, with cosmetics being second at this point...

Last edited:

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Nice clean burb NorthernWoodsman. Just curious with the power plant swap what gears are you running and what's your mpg looking like?

natemc

I guess I'll stop :peepwall: and post up mine. Nothing pretty. 88 3/4 ton before receiving torch treatment. Still a 3/4 ton average. One ton axles and half ton springs. 355/75/18 Toyota at open country tires. Build always in progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 117

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Wow, looks like lots of nice Burbs lurking out there. Those trucks are great guys.

aaldape I can't believe I've not seen your truck before, it looks great.

Shortpipes

KD0TRP
up on sheep table mountain in the South Dakota Badlands with the Midwest Overland Society. see more pics in the midwest threads

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 110

aaldape

Observer
Nice clean burb NorthernWoodsman. Just curious with the power plant swap what gears are you running and what's your mpg looking like?

If you were talking about mine, I'm getting about 13.8-14 on an average, with 4.56 gears and 35" tires.

evilfij

Explorer
Rest of the pics when I pick it up over thanksgiving. image.jpg

1998 k1500 LT

310k on the original engine and trans. My father has owned it since new. 265 75R16 tires but otherwise stock. Going to throw a front receiver on for my multimount winch and just go with it. Hauler, camper, ready to roll. If anyone needs a tan 3rd row, let me know as I am sure my gf won't appreciate it becoming a porch couch. ;)

Haakon

Observer
Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures of our Suburban before it was totaled, here's one - trust me, there is a Sub in there...

This is SW Idaho, I love it out there.
DSC_3022.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles