post your Suburban pics

Renntag

Adventurer
Working with what you've got, I'd say you are off to a sweet start. Nice looking burb there, the paint looks perfect. I love the all black look.
Sinister.

Dutch Matrix

Haha don't let pics fool you. It's dented and pinstriped and I cram it into pretty narrow trails! I want to do less muddy wheeling, and really want to get into more expeditions and adventures. So I promise it won't be a mall crawler!

Chili

Explorer
Barn Doors

I can see why different people prefer different versions. There are a few reasons I would rather have barn doors:

• Can access roof with back open (from rear bumper). I can't tell you how many times I had to open and close the hatch when the tent was on the roof.
  • Do not have to worry as much about stuff falling out when lifting tailgate (stuff shifting while driving)
  • Physically easier to open door over lifting tailgate (my 9yo daughter can't open the back, even with new struts).
  • I would like to mount stuff to the inside of the doors (fold down table, gear)

I will admit, it is nice to be able to open the hatch and stand under it when it's raining, but I have probably only done that 2 times in over 2 years. I feel like I would get much more use out of the doors.

Of course, my opinion might be the opposite if I had the doors. :p

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I find its easier to pack my hatch system. load the lower half, close the hatch, open the glass and continue to fill. works great. removal of gear, do the reverse. We are now getting our suburban ready for a 4000 km trip to florida. Should be interesting to see if the ole girl makes it without incident.

mike the welder

Adventurer
I found a 3 door that I wanted to buy, but it had a cracked head and I promised my wife i wouldn't buy another car or truck that didn't run.

plumber mike

Adventurer
I found a 3 door that I wanted to buy, but it had a cracked head and I promised my wife i wouldn't buy another car or truck that didn't run.

It runs.....umm....it will run again.....he said it ran. I found a three door local to me but the rancher can't find the title......and I made the same promise to my wife.

ccarley

Adventurer
I see there have been a few questions on mine... sorry I have been busy, but here we go!

The pro-comp rear springs actually ride nice, but they are the 56" long ones. Those, with the standard 5100 series Bilsteins are giving a nice ride. I actually get a lot of compliments on how well this rig rides!

Here's another pic from a fun trip I had with a buddy of mine a while ago. Camping up in the mountains, rain, turned to freezing overnight.

DSC_0029.jpg

Clay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94