post your Suburban pics

ccarley

Adventurer
Here's a shot of my '89 V1500:
DSC_0889.sized.jpg

4" lift, Tuff Country H.D. springs up front, with Bilstein 7100 12" travel short body shocks with custom valving. Pro-Comp 56" rear springs, with Bilstein 5100's. Front has the stock 10-bolt, rear with a 12-bolt, and TrueTrac. 3.73 gears. 35" BFG A/T's on Centerline rims.

Still working on the interior... mounting a CB in the overhead console, and 2-meter will be on the front of the console between the front seats. Thinking of a removeable shelf in the very rear, which will not be in the way while sleeping in the rear. Need to find a K5 swing out tire carrier too.

Clay

unit541

Newly acquired 99 3/4 ton. 454.

Was "lucky" enough to find an LT, which translates to worn out leather, a bunch of failed electronic gizmos, and a button to engage the 4x4 that may or may not work every 100 presses, rather than those ridiculous levers that positively engage the transfer case anytime you pull it... Who in their right mind would want one of those? But, and this makes it all worth it, the rear view mirror has a digital compass!

Anyway, it was a score. Finally a "project" that hasn't turned out to be a much deeper pit than I anticipated. Scored it for a song and dumped $3k into fixing all the various leaks, seals, brakes, diffs, encoder motor, tires, dump the cherry bomb exhaust and a new windshield. Now she's a solid ride, and definitely worth it.
IMAG0313.jpg

Jjackson410

Observer
One of my two girls

1991 Supercharged Sub

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1794.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 188

LIVEanimals

Observer
Here's a shot of my '89 V1500:
DSC_0889.sized.jpg

4" lift, Tuff Country H.D. springs up front, with Bilstein 7100 12" travel short body shocks with custom valving. Pro-Comp 56" rear springs, with Bilstein 5100's. Front has the stock 10-bolt, rear with a 12-bolt, and TrueTrac. 3.73 gears. 35" BFG A/T's on Centerline rims.

Still working on the interior... mounting a CB in the overhead console, and 2-meter will be on the front of the console between the front seats. Thinking of a removeable shelf in the very rear, which will not be in the way while sleeping in the rear. Need to find a K5 swing out tire carrier too.

Clay

We (I) need more pics of this beauty.

BurbanAZ

Explorer

Was "lucky" enough to find an LT, which translates to worn out leather, a bunch of failed electronic gizmos, and a button to engage the 4x4 that may or may not work every 100 presses, rather than those ridiculous levers that positively engage the transfer case anytime you pull it... Who in their right mind would want one of those? But, and this makes it all worth it, the rear view mirror has a digital compass!

Anyway, it was a score. Finally a "project" that hasn't turned out to be a much deeper pit than I anticipated. Scored it for a song and dumped $3k into fixing all the various leaks, seals, brakes, diffs, encoder motor, tires, dump the cherry bomb exhaust and a new windshield. Now she's a solid ride, and definitely worth it.
View attachment 92237

congrats on the new ride. even if it has all the fancy gizmos lol. Also that lever to engage your transfer case work "almost" every time trust me lol. Either way love the burbans with the 454 and with the vortec youll get some better mpg than my 454 tbi.

FellowTraveler

Explorer

View attachment 92237

Welcome, while the electrical may seem to be an issue failures of one part may very well be caused by another part. Example; if the blower motor is worn it will pull more amps which in turn will fry the blower speed selector switch on the HVAC control panel and even cause its harness to melt. Been there done that, very common issue and an easy fix if caught in time.

What t-case do you have?

Most items you mentioned are common maintenance items wear and tear on 13 year old burb.

If it's a keeper buy both sets of GM shop service manuals for an in-depth understanding of all components that make up your ride.

Jjackson410

Observer
1996 Lifted Suburban

Found this little jem sitting at an auction yard just out of Sacramento Dec of 2011. 4,000 dollars later and I drove her home. Its a work in progress but its also a work of love. I want to put a snorkal but unsure what model to use.. Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2977.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 181

sw99

Looks like I just bough the suburban that roostercruiser sold a few months ago. I have the ORD 4" shackle flip and the zero rate kit on order. I will post up as the work starts... Looking to stick to 35's on this beast.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Jjackson410,

WOW! You’ve got a saw wheat pair of Subs. Not sure which one I like better. The quad headlights on the maroon one look cool on a Suburban. Even neater since Subs never came that headlight configuration. The rear bumper on the ’91 is way cool. Both SUBs look great!

Unit541,

Looks like a nice foundation to start project. Swapping in a manual shift NP241 tcase and Posi-Lok manual front axle disconnect would fix all of the unreliable 4x4 engagement issues on this generation of GM 4x4. The Posi-Lok is basically like having manual locking hubs but operated by a cable from inside the cab. The kit also gives the ability to have 2wd low range which is nice when backing up trailers in tight spots.

kd0ezq

Here's Mine...

suburban 3-4 view.jpg

2001 1500 LS 5.3l, 271k, cloth interior, LT265/75r16 Treadwright Guard Dogs, Easley Grill Guard, Wagner TruView headlamps, 4 on hi mod, painted factroy flares, Ham Radios, JVC Stereo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94