post your Suburban pics

SARguru

Observer
I dont have any info apart from and f350 used as an initial command post for a rescue team north of Vancouver Canada
6c38925039467069fddd940fb318193b.jpg

Its in the back seat of a crew cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthTXplorer

Observer
SARguru, that is an awesome set up! Yes, something that can provide that space is definitely my goal.

My mistake, i got a 1200W inverter (not 4000 haha), and it powered the printer just fine, my corded drill can drill screws into wood, but does not have any measurable torque, probably would go pneumatic if I had the chance.

Also got her rust proofed and undercoated, since I live on the coast.

KE7JFF

Adventurer
Hello everyone!

So I recently acquired a 1989 V2500 Suburban for $750. This vehicle was the first rig the SAR group I belong (www.mwave.org) acquired back in the day so it has the very low mileage of barely 16,000 on it since it was only used on searches since 1992. It has been well maintained and been pretty reliable; we have too many rigs now verses 20+ years ago so I bought it.

IMG_5213.jpg

Last edited:

KE7JFF

Adventurer
Thanks!

I found out the AC doesn't work; but talking to some of our members who have worked on the rig in the past told me the system was vaccumed in preparation for a R134 conversion so I just finished that up and now it runs. I need to figure out why the electric locks are not working; I'm thinking its just a wire unplugged somewhere knowing of what the rig has been thru during a previous upgrade of radio equipment.

SouthTXplorer

Observer
just a quick update, i have improvised a workstation in the suburban, needs a lot more work, but at the end of the day, it got the job done
office 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior