Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Well I don't think I can be accused of copying some one else's trailer with this one. We shall see though.

Great to hear from you girl, how is the other half?

I plan to have some more pictures of where I am at on this thing, tonight. Hope to get all wiring done today, start on the interrior walls and set up the stereo area. I am also putting a CB in the box, wiring for TV and doing a XM/serius radio. Just can not affor do a Ham radio in this, maybe down the road.

Josh is doing great and we just got back from a nice trip up the PCH. Next time we are in your neighborhood I'll have to swing by and see this monster trailer in person!! Glad to see you are doing well my friend!

bob

Adventurer
U[date

Just notified that the top piece of fiber glass is ready. Will pick it up in the morning and finish the top of the trailer. I am not waiting any longer on the ARB awning. Either it will fit or it won't. Have to deal with it when it finally gets here.

I will be contact cementing the carpet to the walls this evening, trimming in the receptacles and stereo sites, speakers and the like. Final silicone runs along the front and behind the fenders. Still need to purchase solar batteries and find a good place for the solar panel. It may fit inside along the wall, in honesty that is the best place for it. I am installing a 750 inverter inside the sleeping compartment and in the kitchen area. Ya never know, when you might need them.

Should have the sink figured out tomorrow.

I will send photos to those that have been recieving them as to my progress. I really want to take this thing to Mammoth area this weekend, as winter is getting closer and I have knee replacement surgery on the 14th of October.

No time for the wicked.

bob

Adventurer
Update

Just notified that the top piece of fiber glass is ready. Will pick it up in the morning and finish the top of the trailer. I am not waiting any longer on the ARB awning. Either it will fit or it won't. Have to deal with it when it finally gets here.

I will be contact cementing the carpet to the walls this evening, trimming in the receptacles and stereo sites, speakers and the like. Final silicone runs along the front and behind the fenders. Still need to purchase solar batteries and find a good place for the solar panel. It may fit inside along the wall, in honesty that is the best place for it. I am installing a 750 inverter inside the sleeping compartment and in the kitchen area. Ya never know, when you might need them.

Should have the sink figured out tomorrow.

I will send photos to those that have been recieving them as to my progress. I really want to take this thing to Mammoth area this weekend, as winter is getting closer and I have knee replacement surgery on the 14th of October.

No time for the wicked.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Go bob go!!

See Bob..

See Bob work...

Work Bob..WORK!! :ylsmoke:

Anyhoo......nothing like a little timeline to keep production up to a maximum!!

I used three pcs. of 3" x 6" x 1/4" aluminum I had hanging around for a router straightedge.....pre drilled the bolt pattern for the awning...mounted the aluminum pcs. to trailer,,,attached the awning, and it was a done deal. I did, just last week, fill the back of the awning in with a pc. of aluminum angle to keep it waterpoof in the event the trailer is tilted to the awning side. Seemed to work well, preventing the side of the trailer getting wet.

Looking great and really enjoying the progress!!

Pat

bob

Adventurer
I am trying!!!!

thanks for the encouragement Titan,

Had to have my toe nail removed yesterday afternoon, so moving a little slow today.

Did get the carpet on the back wall, and most of the side walls this evening,

Do not have enough carpet to do the top so will get some lighter color for it, or order more of what I have now.

Pick up the fiberglass and remove the rubber top tomorrow is the goal. Doing the trim is the hardest thing for me.

I have discoverd that I have more head room than I thought, due to the heigth of the kitchen. I may build a shelf to bolt to the existing frame for some extra storage.

I hope to get pictures up tomorrow. Have been sluffing off on that.

Also discovered that I have a small leak from the junction of the two water tanks. Just a drip now and then, less than a 6 inch circumfrence puddle after setting all night in the shop. I do not think I am going to worry about right now. Will just drain it before I put it inside.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
OUCH on the toenail, bob. Been there, too. Hope the rest of your foot is still attached. Looking forward to the update.

bob

Adventurer
New roof is on, with trim done. I am not a trim man I can tell you that. Got the passendger side drip rail on with ends. Put in the roof vent in until I can afford the AC. Picked up more carpet today and should finish that tomorrow. Have to pick up a solar controller tomorrow, still a lot of work to do to get it done. Running on fumes. Will have pictures tomorrow.

bob

Adventurer
Moab

Yea we missed it this year. I decided while at Ouray that I was going to build this trailer, and we were going to Navajo Lake, Utah in early September, that I needed to get hot on the trailer. Still working on it. Lots of little things to do.

I should have more photos of it today.

Sorry we missed you guys, I know all had a great time. It is hard to be around Trailbus and not have fun.

Next year for sure.:)

bob

Adventurer
Moab Next year

Most likely will, The summit has asked Patti and I to be involved a lot more next year, so will most likely stay at headquarters and put the trailer in the vendor parking area. I think this is the nitch that I want to be involved with. The box trailers really do not challenge you much and these are a ball to build, design, change and waste time on.

bob

Adventurer
Good Game

I wish we had kids like yours playing for us. This blue chip crap stuff is really crap. They think they are entitled. Your kids know they have to earn and play every second of the game. I am very disappointed with the Coaching of Nebraska, not a slam but we seem to play up to or down to the level of the competition.

I watched most of the game, but have had the course with this staff. Their defense in the fourth year is the worst we have seen.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
But Pelini showed some class the final minute. He must have been coached :coffeedrink:

Nice trailer build BTW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles