Where to find fireproof stove vent cloth?

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I am trying to find the cloth material used to run stove vent through a tent wall. Any ideas on what it is called and where to find it. Thank you.

pr39

Hi Capt Eddie,

Is this a wall tent? I have a few contacts that make high heat textiles that will work for your tent. Let me know if I can help....

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
Yes . This is a nylon wall tent that did not come with a stove jack. I want to put one in. I have foung some premade jack, but I want it larger. Thanks for your help. Eddie

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Most canvas these days is fire treated and even when untreated it

burns slow with no melting

a nylon tent with its thin material burns quick and melts with heat

any stove or cooker will need to be well away from the sides and the fire fully enclosed

I had a tent with pin holes through two layers just because of flicked cigarete ash

Thank you for the link. I guess that 18 inches is enough distance from the fabric to be safe.

x2 and great prices too, I will be ordering a stove jack through them soon for my 16x20 Outfitters tent once I figure out what size pipe the stove I am building will have.

Now, does anyone know of a good place to get collapsible stove pipe for a good price?

Kevin

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I am going to get a piece of galvanized rolled flashing. Roll it into a stove pipe like the Kifaru stove pipe. I don't need the high dollar Stainless steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles