Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

doubleroses

Adventurer
I really dig this build! You've done a great job with this 100 series. I recently purchases mine from Colorado. Check out the 100 Series Registry for some rather blah pictures of it :) I've been eyeing yours coming up with ideas I'd like to do to mine once I'm back from Kuwait and out of the Army. My other baby is my 2013 Tacoma. Both great vehicles but I sure love my Land Cruiser!!! Keep it up brother!

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Yeah, LabRak had some issues. Hopefully that will all change now, though. A fellow club member has bought into LabRak as a partner to take over the marketing and customer service side of things. They are still in the transition period, but I promise things will get better. It's too bad Shane let it go the way he did, because he develops awesome products. He just doesn't have any people skills! LOL.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yeah, LabRak had some issues. Hopefully that will all change now, though. A fellow club member has bought into LabRak as a partner to take over the marketing and customer service side of things. They are still in the transition period, but I promise things will get better. It's too bad Shane let it go the way he did, because he develops awesome products. He just doesn't have any people skills! LOL.

Well, Thats great news. I was beginning to get extremely frustrated. Their products seem to be very well thought out and made. I couldn't for the love of me figure out why a business wouldn't let people fork over their hard earned $$ for their products? I hope the transition happens quickly and smoothly as I am more than happy to support small American businesses!

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I will make sure to keep everybody posted, since I don't think my buddy is on this forum. He goes by "Red Sox Cruiser" on 'Mud. If you need anything in the meantime, feel free to contact him there.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I will make sure to keep everybody posted, since I don't think my buddy is on this forum. He goes by "Red Sox Cruiser" on 'Mud. If you need anything in the meantime, feel free to contact him there.

Will do. Thanks! I have an order for a set of the antenna mounts (LH/RH) thats been pending since december of last year!! I ordered it through Cruiser parts 1. because it was less expensive. 2. because I knew they could contact the owner a lot easier than I could to follow up on the order. SO far I got the LH side mount. Just waiting on the RH side.... I'll help get the word out.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The mounts are made by powertank and the tanks ae 11lb worthington. Got both on Amazon. free shipping. AT makes a similar bracket. I had to drill holes in the ARB carrier and additional holes in the brackets. Pretty easy stuff. I also put some pretty beefy rivnuts in the ARB carrier to make removal and installation quick and easy.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
AT Cuustom water tank.

After waiting almost 2 months I finally got my custom water tank from AT. Good things are supposed to come to those who wait? Right? Well as with many of my plans, murphy came with the package and the faucet was broken when I opened up the box.... :(...
Luckily, I'm dealing with the fine folks at Adventure Trailers and I know Martyn will make it right. Photos to follow...

On the bright side my MAXTRAX were delivered unscathed! Once the crappy weather subsides I'll get everything mounted up.

fireball

Explorer
Is this the power tank bracket you got? [url]http://www.amazon.com/Power-Tank-BKT-2260-Aluminum-Bracket/dp/B002KC93MM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424979739&sr=8-1&keywords=powertank+mount It doesn't look exactly like your photo but says it works with the 10 or 15lb tanks. [/URL]

I'd like to order this setup for the carrier on my new BJ74!

Here is the 11lb propane tank if anyone else is looking for a direct link: http://www.amazon.com/Worthington-11-Pound-Cylinder-Overflow-Prevention/dp/B00JABY6DM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1424977625&sr=8-7&keywords=worthington+propane+cylinder

Do you know what the total mounting depth is with mount, tank and strap? I'm hoping to mount it on the side of the upper jerry can holder:
propane mount.jpg

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Thank you sir! It's a really cool little truck! I finally picked it up in BC about 2 weeks ago, and spent 2 weeks tooling around BC, WA and OR with it. Left it in Portland and returning in 2 weeks to have another 18 day adventure driving it the rest of the way home, including a jaunt across central OR, southern ID, the Salt Flats, San Rafael Swell and Moab in UT, and then finally the Kokopelli heading east out of UT into CO, and then the long boring blast home. We still have the 100 series for the big family trips, but with my wife teaching we usually have one or two big summer events and then it's just me solo or me and my son or daughter for the closer events, don't need a big 100 series for just me and wanted something a bit more fun.

I'll post some more photos once I finally get it home, should have some good footage of it as it crosses the country and sees some of the highlights. Thanks for the link on the tank and bracket, my buddy bought a campfire in a can for the trip so I'm sure we'll go through the tank pretty quickly!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yeah it is! That thing has tons of character. I wish I could have turned my cross country trip with the 100 into more of an off road/camping adventure but it want in the cards at the time... I'm just looking forward to getting out again... This winter hasnt been very kind.

I love my CFIAC. It does burn through fuel at a cyclic rate, but for places with burn bans its SO worth it. Hence multiple bottles.... lol

I look forward to seeing more of your new rig (and old). Congratulations again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles