Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

fireball

Explorer
YDR - did you happen to get that measurement of total depth? The tank itself is 9". I'm hoping for less than 11" total depth as that's what I have b/w the PS swing arm jerry can mount and the spare tire. The photo I posted above was with the 31" spare, there's now a 33" back there.

Any insight into how long that 11# tank will last running the CFIAC? We're hopeful it'll go at least 3 days or so at a time. We'll be 3 days in rural OR, then popping into SLC, then 3 days remote in Moab area to fill up again, and finally a 3 day run through Kokopelli. We'll have a few spare single bottles for cooking if we get a bit greedy with the CFIAC and run out of fuel!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Sorry man. Totally spaced that... 9.5"
I havent ran it off these tanks yet but I did run it off a smaller tank and it did well. That was with a partner stove and propex heater, too. It all depends on how long you run it and how high you make the flames. I have had the regulator freeze up with it on full blast but that is manageable. 3 days at a stretch should be sufficient.
It sounds like you have an awesome trip ahead of you!!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
MAXTRAX are mow mounted to the roof rack. Of course this was no simple task...
The spacing of the slats on the Eezi Awn K9 rack didn't mate up with the spacing for the MAXTRAX mounting pins... SO I fabbed up some brackets that spanned the space between the slats in the rack and it worked out fantastically!! The other part of the equation was space on the rack... between the tent, solar panel and ability to mount my kayak to the roof space was at a premium. I decided that making a 2" lift kit for the solar panel would allow me to store the MAXTRAX underneath. This allows a little extra security for them so it all worked out. Now I just need to take it all apart so I can paint the bracketry. Photos to follow...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Well..... Looks like I'm going with a different mount for the HAM antenna. I don't like to **********-talk businesses however, LABRACK, you can add me to the list of customers that you have lost. I've been waiting since last december for 2 measley antenna mounts that I've waisted both time and money waiting for only to finally find out that there is no certain time for me to EVER expect to see these. I've been patient and willing to give them a chance, but my patience has limits. Thankfully I ordered them through another company so I will be getting a full refund. Too bad I'll never get back the hours of my life wasted in pursuit of finding out where my products are (or aren't). BLUF, LABRACK YOU SUCK and should just sell your business off to someone who can run it successfully!!

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Welllll..... I finally tackled the leaky rear axle seal.... Man what a PITA. Ended up having to take them in to Toyota to get the stack removed, bearings pressed etc... then on the reinstall it took a while to figure out that the key needs to be on to bleed the rear brakes.... duh. Took a couple of bottles of brake fluid to figure that out... lesson learned. On the bright side the brakes are flushed... new e brake shoes too...

r3run33

Adventurer
hey Yumi not sure if anyone said this before but thanks for posting all you do; some of the stuff is to much for me but I like to see what other people are doing and get ideas etc.. much appreciated :)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Installed the wagongear tailgate lid on yesterday and rearranged the roof rack today. Moved the RTT to the passenger side anthe solar panel, maxtrax and kayak mounts to the driver side. Better weight distribution especially after removing the second spare wheel and adding the water tank.

20150328_115811.jpg20150328_123913.jpg20150328_162136.jpg20150328_134638.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
over the weekend I wired the rear facing lights on the roof rack to the reverse lights. id also like to be able to operate them from the drivers seat and independently from the rear of the vehicle.

today, the new goodies came for bringing the 2M HAM back to life. K9000 motorized mount, NR770HB antenna and a C213SMA cable. got the antenna mounted and the wires temporarily routed. Next step: permanently route wires and hard wire the up-down switch to the factory antenna switch. after that spend my down time getting my technicians license to operate said radio.

fireball

Explorer
Care to share how you wired the rear switch? I have my rear lights on a spdt switch. While I probably honestly won't go through the effort of adding a 3 way switch in the rear I like the idea of it!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I'm still planning it out. So far I just have them spliced into the reverse light. The 3 way is going to be my likely COA. How's the new rig treating you ? I saw you got the propane tank mounted up. Looking good! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles