Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
2015-10-31 21.10.20.jpgYesterday I installed (2) 3 way switches under the inverter. Now for the fun part; wiring everything! I also installed the new solar controller that came with the solar panel and AluBox set-up that I picked up from Jeff (Overlandtheworld). I modified them slightly, of course. I have a hard time leaving well enough alone. SO I put hinges on the mounting brackets so that I can angle the panels to optimize the sunlight. The boxes and panel setup can be removed relatively easy if needed.

While I was taking the side wings apart to run wires I decided to improve the way they were bolted on. Instead of having a nut and bolt with a screw cap cover, I put threaded inserts in the wing to that it's easier to remove and install and there is a cleaner look to it as well. I just need to redo the carpeting to cover the holes. I'm probably going to do the same for the drawer catches. I almost forgot, I will also be installing the display for the solar controls on the left wing of the drawer system. I just need to pick up an arbor for the hole saw. Photos to come...

20151021_170618.jpg
20151021_170557.jpg
20151024_104921.jpg

Last edited:

Go4Lo

Explorer
Congrats on the 300K mark and the anniversary.

Nice set up with outlets and switches. Any non-sideways pics?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Been slacking a bit.... Last month a had the old (non functioning) autopage remote start gutted and a new Avital remote start/alarm system installed. WOW! What a difference! I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade! Especially if you live somewhere cold and snowy. OR, if like me you're lazy.... and want/need to run your vehicle for any reason while up in your RTT...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke