Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I hope so... but won't hold my breath...
I learned from the last time not to modify or mess with the tank...lol.. Honestly, I just want to keep things as simple as possible.... If they send me a new faucet and give me the green light to lightly sand down the corners of the tank (with the understanding that if it ends up leaking again they're on the hook to replace the tank,) I'm good with that. I can also grind down the carrier to make the spigot piece work, too. Maybe they throw me an apology and a bone towards having the powdercoating redone. I can eat getting the cage re-welded. That's easy...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I got the green light from Martyn to do something sanding on the tank so that's all sorted ando it's a snug fit but it will do. He's shipping a replacement faucet out, too. Once I get the busted weld squared away It will be good as new. Having AT agree to basically warranty it against future leaks really hit home for me. :)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
My plans for the upcoming year.
​
Finally dig into the wiring and get the HAM antenna motor spliced in to factory switch.
Source the new house battery.
Cleanup the wiring under the hood and install a consolidated fuse/relay box.
Pull the front bumper and repowdercoat, replace the hardware, rebuild the winch.
Pull and repowdercoat the running boards.
Bust rust and slap some POR 15 on the undercarriage.
Maybe get it repainted... the paint is showing is age for sure.... possibly a vehicle wrap after That?
Re-baseline all fluids.
Install some proper skid plates.
Timbren bump stops.
Due to time constraints I MAY not be able to tackle all of this and will likely seek out some estimates to have professionals do the work. If anyone knows of a place that can tackle the list, or most of it at least, for a reasonable price I'm open to recommendations. ;)
​

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
So, last April I had a new (used) transfer case installed. It was from TLS auto parts and had a 1 year warranty. The output shafts have some play in the bearings. This is causing a mild vibration/drone at 57 mph. I contacted them about this and they're sending a replacement free of charge, no questions asked. It's nice to see such good business and customer service. :)

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Wrap first, paint later.

The wrap will damage the paint finish based on personal experience and other reports I've seen. At a minimum you'll have to fix the clear coat not worth it... I'm thinking a snow camo wrap...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Wrap first, paint later.

The wrap will damage the paint finish based on personal experience and other reports I've seen. At a minimum you'll have to fix the clear coat not worth it... I'm thinking a snow camo wrap...

Right now I don't really have a clear coat... lol I'm starting to get small rust spots from rock chips etc... I'll have to explore both options... thanks, Chris.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
A couple months ago I picked up a gently used set of Rec Vee panels. Unfortunately they were for the older model 2000 series awning so I had to remove a 9" section of the awning to make it work. Luckily, I happen to be able to sew and have an industrial sewing machine.... :)

0515171132-1.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
A while back I installed an ARB dual compressor and Slee mounting bracket... I still need to clean up the old wiring....0701171004a.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Well.... the custom water tank (#2) from Adventure Trailers is leaking.... FML.
Time to see if our agreement will be honored...
Just in time to head to 36 Hours of Uhwarrie... PERFECT!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The trip to 36 Hours of Uhwarrie was AWSOME. It was great to see the teams overcome the elements, obstacles and challenges! They all came out stronger than when they started. Martyn and I decided that rather than continue to chase ghosts with the water tank; he would issue you me a full refund for the tank. Very classy!! I'll use that money to have it repaired and/or resealed.0810170827a.jpg0811171743.jpg20170820_211157.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online