Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Looks like you are doing a great job with the rig. IMO...You need to change the title of the thread though...It's your rig now. Not Equipt's...Just sayin...Keep up the excellent pictures and updates. It will last you another 200,000 miles:)

Thanks. I know I'm the owner but that thread belongs to the Land Cruiser. I feel like I would be doing it and its followers a disservice by not keeping it alive. Im kinda bummed that the previous owners weren't able to fill in the blanks. Im having a blast restoring and putting my own touches on it.

mph

Expedition Leader
Nice. Enjoy:).

QUOTE=Yuman Desert Rat;1681316]Thanks. I know I'm the owner but that thread belongs to the Land Cruiser. I feel like I would be doing it and its followers a disservice by not keeping it alive. Im kinda bummed that the previous owners weren't able to fill in the blanks. Im having a blast restoring and putting my own touches on it.[/QUOTE]

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
UPDATE. Last week I took a super long road trip to Atlanta to pick up a new (to me) RTT. I reconfigured my kayak mounts and re added a few recovery items that sold with the Jeep. installed the SLEE group 31 battery tray. still need to add the battery, loll
I had a brand new set of Rigid dually specter lights sitting in the garage so I mocked them up as rear facing lights. I'll wire them up when time allows. ..Today I finally installed the DC power alternator I picketed up months ago (long story...)
Also got the front wheel spacers in yesterday and installed today. thanks, SLEE. last week they sent me the wrong front spacers but made it right and rush shipped the replacement. great customer service!

for the hell of it I decided to install new spark plugs as a baseline. I only got 4 of them in before I lost daylight. not as easy as I thought it would be... tomorrow ill finish the other 4 and install the new O2 sensors.... I'm heading out for the Appalachian rendezvous on Thursday so I better hurry things up!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
So the Appalachian rendezvous was a BLAST! It was great to catch up with old friends, make new ones and enjoy the company of like minded people.. The venue was outstanding and a good time was has by all. My neighbor, Mario helped rescue my culinary creations with some spices from his impressive arsenal in his equally impressive JK habitat. I went on a relaxing fun filled kayaking adventure became an honorary member of the A.R.S.E.S. There was an impressive array of vehicles, camp setups and gear to geek out over as well. The Dutch oven cook off and potluck dinner brought out the foodie in everyone who participated as well as those in the consumption category. The nightly bonfires kept everyone warm and engaged in conversation as well as serving as a landing beacon for spacecraft. For those of you who haven't been to an American Adventurist Rendezvous event you need to hop on over to their site and makes future plans.

http://americanadventurist.com/Foru...14-Appalachian-Rendezvous-A-story-in-pictures
http://americanadventurist.com/Foru...Appalachian-Rendezvous-Official-Thread/page40

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Recent round of upgrades. ..
Added the die hard platinum group 31 battery
Removed the CB and 2M antennas, moving them to the rear of the vehicle.
Replaced the IPF lights with rigid led. Doesn't look as cool but throws more light more efficiently and allows the engine to breathe a bit easier.
Cleaned up some wiring under the hood
mocked up the rigid D2 diffused lights on the rear of the roof rack. Just need to wire them up.

Next up, Metal Tech rear upper and lower control arms..... should be here Monday or Tuesday. :0

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Fun time today.... went to tighten the bolts on the tire carriers and couldn't get it tight enough and they didn't operate as smoothly I thought they should. SO I took them apart to grease the bearings and this is what I found inside 20141109_153002.jpg what was LEFT of the bearings was a seized up rusty mess.... hope its not too hard to source new ones... On the bright side the land cruiser is about 8 lbs lighter from the amount sand dirt and rocks. Quite a bit of the southwestern US was packed into the crevices of the rear bumper.

fireball

Explorer
YDR - I did the MT upper and lower control arms earlier this week. It was fairly straightforward however took a pretty long time considering it was all of 8 bolts! I just adjusted mine to match stock length, but if I should've done something differently would you kindly let me know?

I had a tear in the bushing of one of the upper control arms and MT had them on sale so I replaced those as well. Was planning to just get the lowers so I could drag them over rocks and not worry about bending the thin OEM ones.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Crikey! How was that not making some pretty nasty noise? :D

Bearings and seal are easily sourced. We've sourced the seals locally (seal house) and the bearings should be easily matched as well. If your not in a rush we can get them from ARB as discussed in our PM.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Stock length should be just fine. Id only deviate from that if youre looking to tweak your pinion angle to straighten out ghe drive shaft.
Sometimes 8 bolts can make or break you! Lol. Mine is a bit rusty and crusty underneath so HOPEFULLY it goes well.
Have you noticed any difference or improvement in handling? Im pretty certain that you're articulation will see a HUGE difference.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Crikey! How was that not making some pretty nasty noise? :D

Bearings and seal are easily sourced. We've sourced the seals locally (seal house) and the bearings should be easily matched as well. If your not in a rush we can get them from ARB as discussed in our PM.

THANKS, Kurt. I'll call the shop tomorrow. Good luck and have fun out in Baja!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier