Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Added some new shoes today. I stuck with the BFG 295/75r16 AT KO. I was going to switch to the Toyo AT2 extreme but they're not in stock so maybe next time. What a difference!! Next up, new rear brake calipers, rotors, pads and ebrake hardware as well as an oil change and tranny flush and fill.

fireball

Explorer
I saw you got a shout out on one of the AT for sale threads thought you might be bringing one of those back east!

Is that your sleeping platform seen behind the passenger seat in post #249 above? I love the simplicity and ease of sleeping in the back of the truck. I need to make some netting or screens to put over the windows though. Have you done this yet?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
It can be used as a sleeping platform. It pretty much is when we drive to NY from here. I have an inflatable bed that fits there llike a glove. She sleeps there and the dog next to her on the platform behind my seat. Yeah, that trailer is a steal! If I still lived in AZ I'd be taking out a loan for it! Its only a 3hr. Drive from Yuma. I havent made window screens.... yet. Its on my list.

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Spent the day rebuilding the parking brake and adding new calipers, pads and rotors on the rear. Got the alignment from the new tire install, too. WHAT a day!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Small victories! I replaced the fuel transfer pump for the aux. Tank. AND replaced the power steering air control valve. Its nice to be able to steer at idle with little to no effort. The crummy power steering mystery has been solved! Two wins in one night!!

...andd it god rid of the check engine light! :)

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Small victories! I replaced the fuel transfer pump for the aux. Tank. AND replaced the power steering air control valve. Its nice to be able to steer at idle with little to no effort. The crummy power steering mystery has been solved! Two wins in one night!!

One of the plastic nipples break off? I had that happen of mine. I didn't notice it on the PS steering effort so much as a "hiss" under the hood.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Sure was!! Hopefully it doesnt happen again. with the new one installed it butts right up against the support pillar for the UCA's. I read that those get broken quite often when an alternator change is performed.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Installed new front and rear door speakers. Polk Audio db series 6.5 components up front and 6.5" 2 ways on the rear doors. Boom mat cone baffles behind all 4. I'll be selling the removed speakers here soon. They're Polk Audio as well. Nothing wrong with them. Just wanted a little more oomph.

mph

Expedition Leader
I need to recover my speakers...got any pointers on removing the door panels? thx!!!

Installed new front and rear door speakers. Polk Audio db series 6.5 components up front and 6.5" 2 ways on the rear doors. Boom mat cone baffles behind all 4. I'll be selling the removed speakers here soon. They're Polk Audio as well. Nothing wrong with them. Just wanted a little more oomph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke