Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Thanks!! Pun intended or not, it never gets old...
I have a few more projects in store for later on down the road. For now I'm just trying to fix things in need and fine tune some of the mods I made.

fireball

Explorer
I honestly didn't notice a huge handling difference so will be interested to hear your opinion. I also added some 15mm spacers to the rear so had a few different things going on.

Make sure you crank down hard on those lock nuts after adjusting. One of mine was loose after doing some wheeling last weekend.

SmoothLC

Explorer
So how do the MTs compare with the OMEs?

Is the main benefit, the MTs are adjustable whereas the OMEs are not?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
They're much beefier. The ofset on the axle end allows you to "slide" on them without them hanging up on rocks. They are greaseable, adjustable and rebuildable. Their adjustability allows the pinion angle to be dialed in more accurately on lifted vehicles. Not all that necessary on a LC seeing that they're typically not lifted too high but a neat feature.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Wow! A good lesson for all of us about routine maintenance! I think, I might just be heading out to inspect my Cruiser right now!!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Broke the 290,000 mile mark!

New bearing arrived along with a few other bits. Still need to install them. I did get the driver side removed, busted some rust and got stainless hardware to replace the horribly rusted stuff. The bearings were rusted in there pretty good but I was able to coax them out. Hopefully today I'll get the races pressed in and I can get ready to focus on the other side.

lndhark

Adventurer
Broke the 290,000 mile mark!

New bearing arrived along with a few other bits. Still need to install them. I did get the driver side removed, busted some rust and got stainless hardware to replace the horribly rusted stuff. The bearings were rusted in there pretty good but I was able to coax them out. Hopefully today I'll get the races pressed in and I can get ready to focus on the other side.

Congrats! Loved this build from the start and will continue to follow your latest exploits! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94