Adventure Trailer Mod Thread

kb7our

Explorer
Thank you very much for posting these up.

The aluminum lid handles are an excellent idea. Where did you get them? and price?

Also, the airbag length check tool...absolutely brilliant. I'm going to have to see if I can add something like that to the latest suspension version. I don't remember there being anything to tie a cord to.

Grab handle source attached. Not cheap but in my opinion a quality match and necessity for the trailer. Be careful with bolt spacing on the inside as there is a lip so you have to drill the holes closer to the top rather than exactly centered on the top lip otherwise you cannot get to the bolt heads to tighten.

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=grabshortsmooth

The gen 3 suspension may not have holes like the gen 2 mount but perhaps there is another way to suspend some cord cut and marked for proper airbag height.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
Propane Tank Mounting

I will be picking up a Chaser late April. :wings: Please share your propane tank mounting modifications. :lurk:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We already have a Zodi Extreme shower... but ever since i played with the quick release nozzle on the EW Tacoma i had to have one :D

Our latest mod.. available from AT..

img9371z.jpg

For now its not heated. Im most likely going to do a Helton heat exchanger from Cruiseroutfitters on the 80 and use a quick release setup to get heat when using it for the shower. The rest of the time it will be for cleaning dishes when we don't feel pumping the manual pump.

Attachments

• IMG_9359.JPG
    IMG_9359.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9361.JPG
    IMG_9361.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9364.JPG
    IMG_9364.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9362.JPG
    IMG_9362.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
We already have a Zodi Extreme shower... but ever since i played with the quick release nozzle on the EW Tacoma i had to have one :D

Our latest mod.. available from AT..

img9371z.jpg

For now its not heated. Im most likely going to do a Helton heat exchanger from Cruiseroutfitters on the 80 and use a quick release setup to get heat when using it for the shower. The rest of the time it will be for cleaning dishes when we don't feel pumping the manual pump.

Thats a nice setup.

I have a Twain heat exchanger in my 80. It was great on the Rubicon. I have it plumbed so there is an input fitting on the passenfger side of my ARB and the output is on the drivers side, both up and away from being damaged by rocks.

I bought a 2.5gpm 12 v DC pump on the internet and a shower head setup with an on/off switch from camping world. Pretty high pressure setup and you control the temp via the in cabin heater controls.

Figured I would just dip the hose in the water tank or maybe fill and use 2 5gal water conntainers. Figured out you can take a pretty decent high pressure shower using about 4 gallons, shutting the water off when soaping up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online