My "Cheapo" trailer build

dumprat

Adventurer
I have been fooling with the idea of building a camp traile for a while. I have been off work lately and had the time and no money so I got started on it with what I had around.

I had the steel for the main frame and the hitch I bought for my Combi camp upgrade that didn't happen. I used a box liner from a ford pick up at the local auto wrecker and some cheap jeep syle tailights. The front box I have had for years. The fender flares were $20 and the tires I got from my father.
HPIM2566.jpg

HPIM2567.jpg

I plan to do the floor in aluminum and build a pull out cupboard and cooking area, but that will have to wait till I have the cash. I have the doors and sink I just need to buy the aluminum for the floor and get a piece formed for the counter. I am going to mount a water tank above the axle and a small box in front of the big one for a BBQ and tank. I am also going to mount a fire extinguisher on the front. I want to get a custom tent sewn up for it but that will depend on what it will cost. I may end up with a standard RTT on top. I have under $400 invested so far.

dumprat

Adventurer
Ya. You might see it in you neck of the woods soon. Moving to the island next week. That is why the temp plywood floor. Hopefully I will get some time to work on it once I am there.

dumprat

Adventurer
Towed it 400KMs yesterday and it worked great. No sway and towed nice and flat and felt light behind the jeep(It is light) even loaded to the gills. I have a bunch of stuff left to do but that will have to wait till after I move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94