Brie is best when paired with ...

OverlandGourmet

Thoughts?

We warmed some tortillas over the grill this past weekend and melted some brie over gala apples - they were incredible!

What are some of the ways you cook with brie?

haven

Expedition Leader
Keeping it simple, I'd suggest a baguette and an acidic Chardonnay, like a French Chablis.

Too many Chardonnay products from California are over-oaked, and forced through malolactic fermentation. This secondary fermentation results in a buttery flavor, at the expense of lower acid and reduced fruit flavors. The French style is higher in acidity, which contrasts with the richness of the cheese.

bmxer06pa

Adventurer
My personal favorite is to pour some Kahlua over the Brie and top with some pecans. Warm it up a little and eat on a cracker.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Brie + dried cranberries + chopped raw pecans + caramel sauce over the top + 15-minutes in a 350* oven.

Crazy good with toasted crostini.

Triple cream is even better.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Good brie is best paired with a fork. :)

Cheese is one of those things that makes me miss living in France. The better the cheese, the best it is on it's own with a glass of wine.

I do like brie, ham and leeks in my frittata.

My favorite? Brie. Bacon. Fresh Halibut. Baked together with copius amounts of butter, cream and white wine. Maybe a hint of chalot. Yum.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Can't believe nobody has yet said: Figs.

Warm brie + figs + good crusty bread = happy happy.

OverlandGourmet

Yep. I'm officially buying copious amounts of brie next time I'm at the store to try out all these combinations! There a few in here that I've never tried before and am definitely looking forward to giving them a go.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
mmmm brieeee

Snack----crusty french bread onions and cracked pepper

Snack 2--rustic bread toasted hard-garlic clove rubbed over it then tomato- slice of brie and for me pepper again (catalan traditional) with added brie

starter --deep fried brie wedges with onion marmalade

pudding deep fried brie with warmed orange marmalade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier