Not for USA: New Ford Ranger

haven

Expedition Leader
"I'm surprised there isn't really more of a market for them here."

Like Buliwyf and Scott B said, US auto makers have decided it's better to make a cheap version of their half-ton pickups than to build an entirely different vehicle. If you look at sales numbers like these http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/09/august-2011-top-10-pickup-truck-sales.html you'll see that midsize truck sales is only 6-7% of pickup sales overall.

It's interesting that GM is reversing course and planning to build a new version of the Colorado. Let's hope they don't change their minds by 2013.

Patman

Explorer

It's interesting that GM is reversing course and planning to build a new version of the Colorado. Let's hope they don't change their minds by 2013.

Perhaps someone at GM figured out that there are no small trucks anymore.

If they can build a solid performer that gets good mileage, isn't ColoUGLY and isn't so close to a full size in price and size it makes no difference, they might have a winner.

LACamper

Adventurer
Add me to the list that would love a truck like this. I've had 3 rangers and would happily buy another. Personally I'd prefer gas over diesel in a small truck though. It would keep the cost down.

Not having the ranger probably ups the number of F150's sold, which I would bet brings in more profit than the ranger. Rangers had a problem (advantage?) with rapid depreciation also.

I don't really need a heavy duty pickup, I need a small truck that I can commute in with better gas mileage than my Xterra that can easily handle a sheet of plywood on occasion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior