SoCal Teardrops Krawler 459 - Enhancements

VCCruzr

What size tire for the teardrop?

Dave,
As you know, I have a Krawler 459 on order. I would like to know what size tires I should run on the trailer. My rig has 37" tires and I won't be matching that tire size but I don't want to run a big drop hitch. Also, my wife is short (4'10") so I want to keep the galley counter top height reasonable. Also, I want to run the Toyo M/Ts to match my rig so it's either the 265/70R/17(31.8") or the 295/70R/17(33.5"). What do you think?

Derrick

buddha

Adventurer
Subscribing...

I've been drooling over a Krawler 459 ever since I discovered that SoCal Tear Drops could be found in my very state, just a few short hours away from my house, as Appalachian Tear Drops.

We are hard at work building our new 2012 JKUR, and next year's plan is to do a lot of camping and convince the wife that we need a tear drop!

coastsider

Adventurer
I'm very excited to be picking up a shiny but used 459 Krawler this weekend near Joshua Tree. It's loaded with every extra including the Propex cabin heater (wifes happy with that one). The only thing I'm planning on changing on this trailer is the wheel/tire set up currently installed. I'm curious as to the fender wheel clearance on this model, some Krawlers I've seen have massive +32" tires and the clearance between fender and rubber looks really tight. How does this set up work? Is the fender fixed to the trailer frame or mounted somehow on the leafspring? If the wheel moves independent from the fender I don't see how it wouldn't crash into the underside of the fender on the first sizable bump. It's hard to see from pictures how this works as I've never seen one in the flesh. Thanks for any input guys.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I have 35s on my 459. I have the tube fenders so there's plenty of room. I need to switch out the wheels and tires eventually cuz I don't have the same tire set up on the tow vehicle anymore. I used to have it match the Jeep but I have a Tacoma now so eventually I need to have it all match. When I do that I'll be a little smaller in tire size and still have plenty of room. I'm not sure how much room is on the other fenders but I think you'd still be doable with a 32".

RagnarD

Adventurer
Do you sell the spare tire carrier separately? Price?

Nothing new to report on the trailer right this moment as we've been busy with our primary business and getting the Landcruiser ready for our CalZona Expedition. However, here's a few other options that So-Cal Teardrops can offer as well.

Spare tire storage upfront on the tongue. Available to any size spec you need or want.

Photos by Tom Perkins of Treeline Teardrops is a Regional Manufacturing Facility of So-Cal Teardrops

treeline.jpg

treeline2.jpg

img1664small.jpg

Also, notice the optional split windows in the Teardrop. Pretty nice for viewing stars in bed or having a little light come through during the day.
img1670small.jpg

Check out all the internal drawers, stereo .. etc.. they can add whatever you need and with any configuration you'd like.
img1991small.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online