Mobil 1 5w-30 Synthetic

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Thanks 7! That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Didn't know if there was a Mobil1 filter. Now I'm edumacated!

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
To revive an old thread, I have been running either M1EP 10-30 or 15-50 at 12k+ intervals for ~6 years, every year when changed sent in to Blackstone. I'll see if I can get some report scans but I have been within or better ranges for all my Cruisers. The narrative on the reports is that the engines have been "treated with a white glove."

Two things of interest:

1. I double-run the used M1 oil in my commuter car. ~240k miles with zero known issues.
  2. The oil companies themselves buy Mobil products from petty funds for production-critical machines instead of their own products.

86cj

Explorer
I have used Mobile 1 since 1992, I have had the intake manifold off both my 1998 and 2000 GM trucks recently and can say the oil does keep your engine cleaner than any conventional oil I have experienced. I have never seen a used engine as unbelievably clean as these inside. I think all oil will lube the bearings but not worring about sludge is why I pay the premium, just my 2 cents....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles