1965 88" Land Rover

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
IMGP2631.JPGIMGP2633.JPGIMGP2630.JPGIMGP2629.JPGAll,
I have decided to sell my land rover. I really have had a hard time with this choice but I have been doing more and more long distance driving and am not able to keep doing in in this vehicle. I always thought that I would be "that guy" who always drove everywhere in his land rover despite the distance, elevation, temperature.... I have been doing it in this land rover for two years and other ones for the past seven, but I think I have to face reality and get a new car.

This is a great truck:

$$$$ 10,000 $$$$$

1965 88" Series IIA
Canvas top
2.5 NA diesel
Series III full synchro transmission
Santana Overdrive
Salsbury rear axle
Parabolic springs
Koenig Crankshaft driven winch
Snorkel and special air cleaner to match
Five almost new BFG mud terrains on wide offset defender rims (1,200.00 worth of tires!)
Kodiak heater
Dual Fuel tanks
Upgrade to single wiper motor
Rack on back for two 5gal nato cans
home made holder for shove and hi-lift
Selectro Free Wheeling hubs
One year old Giant Diehard Battery

This truck has been all over the place with me in the past two years, about 25k miles of desert trips, sierra trips and anywhere else trips. I have put in a new starter, water pump, diesel injectors and any other things that it needed. It doesnt "need" anything right now really but there will be plenty of things that a new owner will "want" to do to it just because thats what you do with land rovers. Always will need tinkering! Leaks some, smokes some as is typical of land rovers. It is not a beauty contest winner. It has dents, peeling paint and stickers all over it. But, it is solid, dependable and has been set up very well with hard to find and desirable accessories. There is no rust in the frame or bulkhead that I have ever found. It was a snow plow truck and the front frame was cracked and repaired.

I will post pictures later- Please help me find a new and loving home for my land rover. I hate to part with it.

LOCATED IN SANTA CRUZ, CA 831-359-2590

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles