1987 4runner, Awesome Shape - looking for a trade - 5 speed 1st gen, or???

sam1

Observer
Trade my Mint 87 4runner for 5speed or ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After years of owning different trucks, broncos, scramblers, etc. I've finally settled on the 1st gen 4runner as my favorite and one to keep long term.

I recently bought an excellent original example of this board with a 22re and Automatic. Top and sunroof are off and stored, and I really love the truck. Only issue is that I really want a 5 speed. Diesel conversion would be nice as well!

Throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested in a trade, looking for an Automatic. There are only a few other trades I might consider - Defender Tdi, Troopy, BJ40, or 1st gen Jimmy/Blazer, 4 door jeep JK. I need something that the top comes off of, can fit 4 safely, and handle a 4 bike carrier on the back.

If no luck I'm planning to hold onto it long term... but figured I would give it a shot. Shoot me a PM if you have anything interesting. Willing to trade up / down for the right vehicle. In Austin, TX.

Here is a pic and a link to my CL ad. It's listed at $8k, but I am realistic on price and really hoping to find a similar 5 speed.

Mint 1987 4Runner 4WD Must See

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles