Off-Road tent / haul everything Jeep JK trailer

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Yeah silicone caulk is best but you have to make sure it's paintable silicone caulk or the paint will just flake off

80DDYota

Hey JeepDork.

Looking good! It's about time you post it on this fourm.

Your local autoparts store should have caulk that is for sheet metal and is paintable. It's the same stuff that is used to seal up seams on body panels. It should come in a tube for a caulking gun.

JeepDork

Adventurer
Hey JeepDork.

Looking good! It's about time you post it on this fourm.

Your local autoparts store should have caulk that is for sheet metal and is paintable. It's the same stuff that is used to seal up seams on body panels. It should come in a tube for a caulking gun.

Yeah funny how the days go by and nothing gets done. This thing seems to always get pushed to the end of the list. It's shaping up though. I have to bend or have someone bend the storage lids soon. All that's left is the inside of the box and some minor welding. Some body work to clean everything up and then some paint and AL's Liner. If I get a tube bender before I paint it I'll do some tube work on it too.

JeepDork

Adventurer
A couple of updated pic's

Back at it,

Attachments

• 2012-04-28_21-43-04_948.jpg
    2012-04-28_21-43-04_948.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2012-04-28_21-43-25_480.jpg
    2012-04-28_21-43-25_480.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 50

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Ya I know how u feel. I've been working on mine since September also. These thing take quite a long time when u have so many other thing going at the same time. It would be cool if we could spend 8 hrs a day on them and not have to go to work.

Xrunner

Explorer
Nice work on the trailer!

It would be cool if we could spend 8 hrs a day on them and not have to go to work.

Sounds almost like a job in itself, lol.
Part of the fun for me at least is contemplating and looking at others ExPo builds as much as I get to work on my trailer.

80DDYota

WOW!! I've been busy for the last few months, working on my tow vehicle. Looking good man. Can't wait to see it finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier