2 Adults, 5 Kids, Every Country in North and South America in a Veggie Powered F250

Syncronicity

Observer
I hope your husbands exuberant attitude, MacGyver skills, ability to manage the potential dangers and very clear-headed capabilities get you and the kids to your destinations safely. Nothing replaces preparedness. Be safe.

Last edited:

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I loved the little video, it looked like a great day. Especially loved the mud-painting.

Yeah, our kids grew up in the rainforests and they pretty much never wore any footwear. Flip-flops on a good day, but usually barefoot.

:)

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
I hope your husbands exuberant attitude, MacGyver skills, ability to manage the potential dangers and very clear-headed capabilities get you and the kids to your destinations safely. Nothing replaces preparedness. Be safe.

You are absolutely right. As my husband says (you've already picked up on the fact that I think very highly of my husband aka to me as Superman) - "When the time to perform arrives, the time to prepare has past." Nothing replaces preparedness.

Thanks for your concern! We'll be safe.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
I Would Have Made a Pathetic Pioneer

We drove to visit a historic national monument in Utah - Hole-in-the-Rock.

It's where 250 people lowered 26 wagons over 2,000 feet to the Colorado River valley below (now Lake Powell).

It took driving down 53 miles of rough road...I can't imagine that they made that journey in wagons.

I blogged about it here.

IMG_6957.jpg

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Bryce Canyon National Park

We explored Bryce Canyon - one of my favorite National Parks. My husband and I visited here on our honeymoon over ten years ago!

You can see pictures and video here.

Bryce-Canyon-25.jpg

VanGo

Explorer
Keep up the strong work and raising the bar on family adventure.....Just proves that where there is a will there is a way... Thank you.

I appreciate having found your website earlier this year and being able to follow along on your travels. My wife and I have 5 children and were preparing to take an trip to Mexico and Central America. We were working on teaching our children Spanish and then found out this past March that my wife has Leukemia. The Spanish lessons came in handy with our newly immigrated Mexican caregiver and now that my wife has completed her Chemo treatments we can hopefully start planning again for sometime in the next two years.

I work for an employer who gives me 6 weeks of vacation time per year but my time maxes out at 4 weeks and then I start losing time. I figure between those four weeks and a leave of absence I can make it deep into Mexico at a somewhat leisurely pace or mad dash to Central America for two weeks and then return.

Stay safe on your travels and keep us posted.

Kevin

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Hey guys,

Nice to see you are making progress south! How is Mexico treating you so far?!?

It is nice to get to read along here on the portal as well. Safe travels.

S

Stoneseeker

Thank you very much, its a great pleasure to read your report.

All the best to you and your family.

Stoneseeker

biggoolies

Adventurer
your waste oil

How are you refining the waste oil on the road? Has it been difficult to find restaurants with the oil? Which ones do you target?

thanks,
Darcy

VuickB6

What is this I don't even
What are you plans for Mexico? With all the violence in the country right now, I sure as heck wouldn't be taking my entire family into a country like that willingly. Good luck on your journey, I hope for you and your family's sake that you don't run into the wrong people while passing through there. Seems like an unnecessary risk just to visit other countries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles