2 Adults, 5 Kids, Every Country in North and South America in a Veggie Powered F250

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yeah not sure if I agree or disagree, but am happy you guys are living life to the fullest the way YOU want to. Looks like a lot of fun, and I am sure your kids will turn out just fine.

grogie

Like to Camp
You know, I really don’t like everything about travel.

There are some things I just can’t stand.

Oh sure, these things can be great experiences. They can be a novelty that’s fascinating, or fun to do… the first time.

Read more...
http://www.discovershareinspire.com...to-face-with-poverty-in-panajachel-guatemala/

:Wow1: That reminds me of something Sam Kinison said, "I'm like anyone else on this planet -- I'm very moved by world hunger. I see the same commercials, with those little kids, starving, and very depressed. I watch those kids and I go, '****, I know the FILM crew could give this kid a sandwich!'” (You can google it to hear the rest.)

Seriously, best of luck to your family and you.

mjohns2

Observer
View attachment 116048

According to some, our kids will never be able to go to college or get a job as a result of our nomadic lifestyle, right?

Well, that's our hope anyway...

Read more:
http://www.discovershareinspire.com...e-rules-have-changed-huehuetenango-guatemala/

I think your kids will be just find. If they decide to go to college or straight to work when they reach an age they feel they are ready. You guys are showing/teaching them how small the world actually is and how similar people are. They are learning various cultures and traditions. They will hit an age, at some point, and the dreaded words will come from one of them, "Mom... Dad.... I think I want to stay here" or "I'm going to go live with Uncle/Aunt X and go to school." And when they do they'll be so well versed in all aspects of life and cultures that trigonometry, history, international business, medicine, in essense critical thinking will be second nature to them.

Keep enjoying your lives and keep exposing your kids to different avenues of life.

MJ

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Your kids will be SO much better off and worldly IMHO because you have helped them open their eyes to different cultures/people/etc. I think they can be far more gracious and well-rounded, which will benefit them in life.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Stay true to yourself, the nay-sayers will always rear their ugly heads, (usually from their couch in suburbia) the truth is, time is finite and children grow quickly, enjoy every moment. Thank you for raising some amazing children.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Very interesting read. I checked out you website some too. Man, I love camping, but you guys are something else. Wow! One thing I didn't see, (sorry, I didn't read EVERY page) was info on the truck. Take somebody like me, I like cars and trucks. I'd be interested to know more about how you set up the truck, what worked, what you changed... Did you ever do a build thread? How hard was it to find veggie oil while traveling? Stuff like that...

Darwin

Explorer
I saw on facebook that they are expecting another baby, so probably have to wait a bit for an update. I guess that would make it 2 Adults and 6 six Kids.

soulpatch

Observer
Wow, just burned through this thread. Big props to these people for being alive!

We are doing our own Mexico thing as a family and I really respect this. Our goal to adventure south in an expedition vehicle in a few years. We've got the goal, now we are planning.

ClayH

Adventurer
Very interesting read. I checked out you website some too. Man, I love camping, but you guys are something else. Wow! One thing I didn't see, (sorry, I didn't read EVERY page) was info on the truck. Take somebody like me, I like cars and trucks. I'd be interested to know more about how you set up the truck, what worked, what you changed... Did you ever do a build thread? How hard was it to find veggie oil while traveling? Stuff like that...
I would be interested to hear more about his setup. I have been burning vegi oil in my F-350 for the last 9 years and 160,000 miles. It's been an adventure in itself. If you have questions, I'm sure I could help you out.
Sorry about the hijack.

Darwin

Explorer
I wouldn't expect any response, it appears they only posted here in order to sell their self help online book. Being from Utah, maybe even Amway too:Wow1:

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
I wouldn't expect any response, it appears they only posted here in order to sell their self help online book. Being from Utah, maybe even Amway too:Wow1:

I've actually had 'post in Expedition Portal' on my 'to do' list for a couple of weeks now. I guess I should be grateful for the 'Utah', 'Amway' and 'only trying to sell stuff' stabs for getting me on here… finally. :)

Yes, we did just have a baby and have been very busy in Costa Rica with the sixth addition to our family. Thanks to those who wished congratulations.

For those who have questions about the truck, you can ask my husband directly. On Facebook is best https://www.facebook.com/gregory.denning?fref=ts

Yes, the truck is for sale here in Costa Rica. They only give you a 90 day permit for the vehicle, which was up at the end of March. The baby was born in February, so we weren't ready to leave yet. We were able to park it in a government bonded warehouse, which puts the permit on hold, so we can keep the truck here. But that means we're without a vehicle. If we can sell it or trade it for something while we're here, great. If we don't sell it before we leave, then we'll keep driving it.

Alaska to Argentina are still in the plans, we were just discussing it this morning. That hasn't changed. But we also have no deadline. And with a family of six, we prefer traveling VERY slowly… :) This is our life. Why rush it?

I'll try and post more often to minimize misjudgments… if that's possible lol :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier