1990 Suburban Power Mirros to Manual Mirrors

R

RESQNU

Hey guys. I have a '90 Sub that I am thinking of going from the black plastic power side view mirrors to the standard manual mirrors. Anyone try this or know of any issues?

Also, anyone want to swap? I know the power ones are desired.

These are what I want:
gm15r-l.jpg

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I do not have a set to trade, but would like the power ones if you decide to sell- need spares, thanks.

R

RESQNU

Yeah, mine are up for grabs. $100 (obo) shipped priority USPS for the pair sound good? If not, make an offer... worst case I pass, best case you get a good deal on some hard to find mirrors.

They're going for $59.00 per side + $25.00 shipping on eBay.

So no one has gone from power to manual mirrors or seen the mounting differences between the two? I guess I will make the trip to the wrecking yard Thursday.

Last edited:
R

RESQNU

I can toss in the switch from the door too, won't need it. Maybe even the harness... but that would have to ship a little later when I have time to pull it.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I'm game, but just pm me when you get it all pulled, and ship it all together if you don't mind. Thanks!! The switch will come in handy me thinks...

20:00 Payment sent, thanks!!

Last edited:
R

RESQNU

FYI for anyone thinking to do this... be ready to have some body work done. GM permenantly installed a plate with three studs to the inside skin of the door which hold the power mirrors in place. These studs will have to be cut, grinded, all (6) of the holes will need to be welded and grinded, then floated out and prep'ed for paint. I am considering just getting a couple of straight doors (manual mirror doors) to replace my current doors when it's time for paint. The manual mirrors on the other hand just bolt in place... it's nice. :) I will post pics soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne