Need new tires, time for single wheel conversion?

biggoolies

Adventurer
I have read the continental tire thread but all the sizes and info just got me more confused. Being in North America, what rims should I get with what tires, how much the system would cost, where can I get at the best price are questions that come to mind. And is there any adjustments or modifications that have to be made to the suspension and wheel wells. Or should I just get 6 original tires and be done with it?
thanks in advance.
Darcy

Last edited:

westyss

Explorer
reviving this thread with a bit of news about Stockton wheel, they are back in business making wheels and still appear to make Fg SRW's. Now I know they have had some bad reviews from previous ownership that has already been dragged through the mud, but they are under new management now, and might be an alternative for those that are looking for options, I have read most of the reviews so I am not recommending them but just throwing it out there. I have stockton wheels that are now a few years old with 35,000km and are still looking good, no problems, my guess is they lost some key personel (welder, manufacturer ) during a time period around 2008-09 and the product was not very good, that may or may not have changed? who knows?? Again , no affiliation or recomendation here, just news for a SRW conversion's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles