Battery box

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I am changing my battery system on my trailer. I am going from two GP 29 batteries in the bed to one Gp 29 battery on the tongue.

The attached photo is the box I am considering to use. i wanted to use the National Luna box but it is not waterproof.

Have any of you seen any other options ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 56

ExpoScout

Explorer
West Marine has a couple options as does Summit Racing. I thought of West Marine first for the obvious reasons, but it didn't say whether or not they were "waterproof".

You could always find an appropriate-sized Pelican case and just drill holes for grommets. It would probably work as good as anything.

I have this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1231/

It is good quality and has a seal around the top. I would refer to it as "water resistant".

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes there should be ventlation of not using a sealed battery. The box I have already has a cig plug wired in and a charge indicator. I'd like to avoid drilling all sorts of holes.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
battery box

Here are a couple of more pictures of this box.

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26

Hafwit

Adventurer
I have that exact box and have used it on a previous trailer I had without issues. I also wired in a solar controller inside the lid and was able to connect it to a solar panel to keep it fully charged--it worked quite well for this.

Cheers,
Greg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Thanks for the input. I am having my guy weld a piece of expanded metal across the tongue and then a hold down for the box. I'll post pics when I get the trailer back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles