Photography books

AKTank

Observer
I'm looking for suggestions for books on digital photography. I took a few classes back in high school and college but have since forgot most of it. I just picked up a new nikon and want to get the most out of it. What books have you all got experience with that go into detail over all the different aspects of photography. I'm most interested in landscape and portrait. I've been experimenting with the settings but what about a book that shows me the results of different settings and what to do with the settings to get different effects and feels. Barnes and Noble has a million different books. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
What camera?

There is a great series of books on the Nikon cameras called - the guide to the Nikon XXX - or something like that.

I like Joe McNally's books.
Amazon.com: The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one ...
www.amazon.com/Moment-Clicks-Photography.../0321544080
Rated 4.3 out of 5.0 213 reviews - $30.84 - In stock
Amazon.com: The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one of the world's top shooters (9780321544087): Joe McNally: Books.

Amazon.com: The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes ...
www.amazon.com/Hot-Shoe-Diaries-Light-Flashes/.../0321580141
Amazon.com: The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes ...

hth

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
The key is to never stop trying to learn, stay hungry even when you think you know enough. Devour everything you can, books, online content, galleries, everything. The larger your own visual library the better the photographer you will become. With respects to books, I've read lots, but I still say Freeman Patterson's are some of the most important educational photography books ever written.
1145743042_z75zG-M-1.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
My most recent 'how-to' book- "Creative Black and White. Digital Photography Tips and Techniques." by Harold Davis.

I enjoy going through books that demonstrate the writer/authors/artist's style vs just photo jargon.

The key is to never stop trying to learn, stay hungry even when you think you know enough.

Great advice. Actually applies well to everything else besides photography too.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste