SixPack ?????s

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Anyone have a good resource for used sixpacks...forums?
I am looking at a few used here in AZ.
Are these all wood framed?...Can't find much info. Website says they are transitioning to aluminum frames.
Where should I look?

Eric Mayer

I found mine on Craigslist after looking for a long time. I needed the T100-S for my Tacoma, but I saw some of the larger ones come up frequently.

Pretty sure everything is wood-framed until they manufacture the new versions (website says late fall/winter).

Eric

BobcatBob

This may be of interest to Six-Pac fans:

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 8:30 PM
To: info@six-pac.com
Subject: Update Request

Dear Six-Pac,

I am anxiously awaiting your new product line.
Do you have any new information coming out soon?
I just purchased my newer truck, now I'm waiting for your new improved Six-Pac D650.
Thanks, Bob in Seattle

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 8:15 AM
To: Steve Gutierrez
Subject: FW: Update Request
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the e-mail. We are not back in production with the Six-Pac campers right now, but we are looking to build them in the future. We are so busy building the Four Wheel Campers that we have not had the time to devote to the Six-Pac line yet. We are intending to build them again. Thanks for your patience as we greatly appreciate your interest in getting a D650.

Best regards,

Steve Gutierrez
Four Wheel Campers
Six-Pac Campers
1-800-242-1442

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Craiglist is usualy the best place to find a used Six-Pac

Any used Six-Pac Camper you find will be made with the wood frame construction.

Just check the major cities on CL (Phoenix, Inland Empire, etc.)

You will be able to find the most used Six-Pac on craigslist in Southern California (Inland Empire / LA Area) because the factory was there for so many years.

www.rvtrader.com sometimes has them listed too from time to time.

here is one in AZ . . .

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2003-Six-Pac--104232389

Good luck on your search.

imcolej

Mark me down as another member that is very interested in a new Six-Pac! D650 is the one I'd be looking at too. If you could get the weight down to truly fit on a short bed half ton...you could rebuild the Six-Pac brand around that model. I think there are a lot of half ton owners that would prefer a hard side to a popup but can't find one.

I don't know what it is about the four wheel camper hard side option that doesn't do it for me because I think your pop ups are awesome! I would just prefer a self contained hard side that is in between a four wheel pop up and a lance hard side in terms of creature comforts.

Last edited:

rotti

Adventurer
I don't know what it is about the four wheel camper hard side option that doesn't do it for me because I think your pop ups are awesome! I would just prefer a self contained hard side that is in between a four wheel pop up and a lance hard side in terms of creature comforts.

If you managed to get me in headlock and forced me to get a hard side this is what I would probably get:
http://www.livinlite.com/truck-campers.php

imcolej

If you managed to get me in headlock and forced me to get a hard side this is what I would probably get:
http://www.livinlite.com/truck-campers.php

Thanks Rotti, those livinite campers are definitely on my list. I'd like to see them warm up the interior somehow but I really like that fact that they're trying to innovate within the truck camper world. I have no idea why truck campers aren't more popular in the US. Here in the PNW they are everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles