Jacking and Recovery points on trailers

EWS

Observer
Hi all.

We see lots of images/discussions of all the things, like slide out catering units, showers, storage, sleeping arrangements, and suspension/chassis build details, but there seems to be not much discussion or images on the placement of recovery and jacking points, or have I missed all that or am I barking mad. After all, off road trailers often get taken to places and across terrain other folk would think not possible. Any thoughts any one!!.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I have drop foot jacks on all three corners....the two in the rear are removable.

I can lift both wheels in the air.

The 2 front shackles that came with the trailer are intact....the 2 from the rear were welded on the new bumper.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

I have a plan for two recovery points on the rear of my trailer and two jacks.. but I have to constantly remind myself that she's a pavement queen...lol

bob

Adventurer
attachments for jack points

I have mine set so I can use the front jack on the two rear corners to lift the trailer to change to the spare, work on a bearing or brakes. they will also work as attachment points for shackles. I also have jacks to lift the trailer for stability for sleeping. But I normally do not disconnect for overnight stuff. Just for camping over a period.

rural

Observer
I am adding a couple of d-rings at my highest point on the corners, for spotter rope attachments if need be. If not needed, something to strap the hammock to i guess.

My entire perimeter frame is a jacking point. I have a shackle bracket in a rear reciever for pulling to the rear. I can pull on the tongue to go forward. If I had to pull sideways... well that would be a bit tougher.

EWS

Observer
Thanks for the replies guys, any one got any images of recovery points on their trailers or even of trailer recovery as I am sure this would be of interest.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Lifting or recovery points

My M101A2 has shackles front and rear for Strapping down in a ship, airplane, train
or to be used as a lifting point for helicopter or crane.

Attachments

• trailer 5.JPG
    trailer 5.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 8
  • trailer 2.JPG
    trailer 2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 8
  • trailer4.JPG
    trailer4.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 8
  • trailer3.JPG
    trailer3.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05707.JPG
    DSC05707.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 9

rk_az

Adventurer
My trailer has 4 D-rings and 2 jack points on each side, plus 2 D-rings on the rear bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94