Not very expo, but figured you guys would be entertained...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
EDIT: Anymore trailers like this that I run across will be added to this thread. Anyone finding cool, modern, avant-garde trailers for glamping feel free to post 'em up in this thread as well.

The Opera Trailer - http://www.ysin.co.uk/

Very nautical-themed design with obvious Sydney Opera House cues. I do like the folding bow design for the roof. It goes without saying that this one's very glamp-orous....

Oh well, I said it anyway. :elkgrin:

opera-rijden.jpg

Opera_1.jpg

Opera_2.jpg

Opera_3.jpg

Opera_4.jpg

Opera_5.jpg

Opera29382-1.jpg

I'll grab some more pics right after lunch...

Last edited:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Mark, I would say probably so, simply 'cause I don't know if you could even get a 'monster' truck like yours into the EU anymore. :sombrero: Maybe a Range Rover or Cayenne would be more along your lines?
According to the current exchange rate this thing goes for approx $39k, (incl delivery in EU).

EWS

Observer
OMG, thats around £25k. Its a laugh a minute and yep , its Sydney 0pera House on wheels. Just wonder how many they have sold , and what their projected sales are considering the development that must have gone into this project. Though intresting concept and design, and it takes allsorts to make a world.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I'm sorry...there are two things I love in this world. Being outside camping and sailboats. That crazy rig has both wrapped up in a super-snooty shell.

Love it....

RobD

I quite like them, but for different reasons. The first one, the "Opera" is simply a study in design magnificence. Down to the last detail, they really poured a ton of creativity into it. Would it hold up for serious overlanding or even routine weekend camping? Hard to say, because it does look a bit lightweight in some aspects.

But as a design exercise, it is absolutely gorgeous.

The second one is just whimsical. It's cute and creative. Anything over a 5 mph gust on a lake and I'd think it would be a test of stability, but imagine wheeling that thing into a lake, puttering around, dragging it onto a shore and camping out overnight at the edge of a remote lake.

Kinda cool.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
And now for something completely different!

Check this one out. Almost looks like you could stand it on end and have a three-sided rock-climbing wall. Very, ah... Well it's very... something. Not sure what that something is, though.
:Wow1:
mz_ext_1.jpg

exterior_02.jpg

mz_interior_1.jpg

interior_03.jpg

interior_02.jpg

interior_04.jpg

exterior_03.jpg

exterior_04.jpg

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
Why is it the rest of the world comes up with really cool ideas and nice thing and American manufacturers come up wil only BOXes. I love the foriegn stuff...lots of creative, cool ideas....but then again way over priced to sell to the "common" folk like me! I'm guessing on the first cool one they don't have flies and mosquitoes in the UK...no screen in the front to keep the peskies out!

JJ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke