AT Horizon Towability

BradJ

So how easily do the Horizon trailers tow behind small vehicles, particularly the JKU?
I currently tow a smaller popup-type trailer that is about 16', probably weighs #2750 and has a tongue weight of close to #375 when loaded.
I know the Horizon is smaller than that, but I was surprised at how big and heavy the popup seems behind the Jeep. To tow serious distances I would really like something that is close to invisible.
I have an '12 JKU with the 3.6, 6sp, 4.10s and a nice brake controller. Stopping and going isn't a concern.

mrchips

Adventurer
I have a 07 Chaser tow it with 06 LJ, and have no issues what so ever, I am running 4.88 gears , 6 spd brake controller and sometimes dont even know that it is there. Trailer loaded must be about 100-1200 lbs, and it does great even on hills up and down.

cruiserfred

Observer
horizon towability

hello
i have owned my 2005 horizon about 18 months its been behind me for 3 one week trips amounting to around 1o thousand miles
if you have everything in order that trailer pulls so good the only time i really notice it , is when i going over a mountain pass ,a lot of those miles were offroad

by the way i drive an FJ Cruiser

Fred

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I pull a Horizon with an FJ Cruiser, which I would judge is generally pretty similar overall to your JKU for purposes of your question. Most of the time I am not aware it's there unless we're heading up a steep hill.

STREGA

Explorer
I towed a Horizon behind my FJ Cruiser for about a year, for the most part it towed well. It had a slight sway in it that I think is do to its short hitch to axle distance, which was good for off road travel, also makes it sensative to input when backing up. The FJ is rated to tow 5K lbs., don't know what the new JKU's can tow, but it should tow a Horizon just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior