New Modified Teardrop Concept, Max Storage with Slide-Out

Waygoner

Observer
New guy here with one question and a couple of suggestions.
What's the ladder for on the side?

How about putting the support jacks on the slide out instead of the bumper?
On the front pop-out, I'd move the hinge to the top. I think it would offer more support and be a better seal.
How about a 33x9.50 tire instead of 12.50? Reduced weight and width might help.

Just had another thought. Could you make the kitchen awning part of the slide out too? Pull the kitchen out and the roof comes with it.

Last edited:

Piet

Adventurer
What would it look like if the front be hinged from the top vs. the bottom?
I think this may give you better water protection?

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
It really is worth looking in on the Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers Forum for idea's on wall construction and insulation (and a whole lot more too).

Perhaps consider the use of carbon fibre, foam and thin ply,laminated together with resin. Paul Jensen is currently doing some beautiful, light weight, high strength, load bearing components in Mike Hiscox's EarthRoamer XV-PJ using these materials and techniques to outstanding effect.

Details, photo's and tutorial, here. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/51254-EarthRoamer-XV-JP-quot-Northwest-Edition-quot/page27

86JP-CJ7

Hey guys.

I'm sorry I did not get a chance to build this. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging and wanted to give everyone an explanation. I was pressing on and ordering the parts for this build as well as adding aluminum capabilities to my welder. Then the wife and I found a dream home that was built in 2006 (it has a 5 car garage and a 2 car garage). I won't go into details, but I bought it for 1/3 the build price as the market in Florida has been unbelievable. I thought I would have plenty of space to start building the trailer. Well, after all was said and done, we then made a few more lifestyle changes and decided to sell off a few of the toys to include the Jeeps in preparation to have a child or children soon. I may get a chance to build it, but that won't be for at least a few years.

I hope I inspired someone with my ideas. You guys have been so helpful and I thank you for your kindness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne