Adventure Trailers Vs. Sierra 4x4 trailers

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I've seen both in person and on the trail and they're both quality trailers. IMHO you can't go wrong with either. My personal opinion would be to run a leaf sprung trailer for remote back country exploration as i can fix it much easier if something goes wrong. But like i said, that's my personal opinion.

ccfdcal

Observer
We are a newer company in the eyes of the Expo forum crowd, so here are couple items about us. First we come from 30 years of Family aviation biz, so failure is not a option.

http://www.4wdmechanix.com/Video-Review-Sierra-4x4-Trailers.html

http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredvehicles/129_1110_sierra_4x4_off_road_trailer/index.html

http://www.sierra4x4trailers.com/

As far as leaf spring vs. Air bag..we offer both, but most of our customers prefer the soft ride leaf springs that is proven and maintenance free. We offer the independent air bag suspension as a option.

We also can build any trailer you want for a fair price, 90% of the trailers are manufactured and assembled in house. So this mean you start with a blank canvas, and you are the artist and and we are your brush and paint. :)

Our trailers like AT's come with Title's and VIN's approved by the DMV.

All of Sierra 4x4 Trailers are in CAD programs. So if your trailer is custom and you need parts 10 years from now, we keep the drawing's in a file so that is not a issue.

*Added Info: We are bit overwhelmed with orders right now so we apologize if we do not return call's or E-mails that day. We are also working hard to speed up the build time on our trailers. Plus we have been working on new layouts on our trailers to make it possible to have a customer order a trailer, and it would be ready for delivery in 2 weeks. This new layout is not a go as of right now, and will take some time to stream line this plan.*

Will you be at SEMA next month? I'd love to check out your trailers in person and talk to you as well.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Will you be at SEMA next month? I'd love to check out your trailers in person and talk to you as well.

Maybe but no trailer, We have been overwhelmed with orders. I need to stay at the shop and get the customers trailers completed before I go and play. I can drive one to you a couple weeks after SEMA so you can look at one if you would like.

mvbeggs

Adventurer
2 Thumbs up for AT!

I purchased a Chaser back in April. I have nothing but good things to say about AT and their products.

Our trailer has been on 2 trips over 3,000 miles. Very happy with the trailer and AT's support.

Can't speak to the Sierra 4x4 trailer as I don't have any first hand experience with them.

Good luck.

bobwohlers

Overlander
I have been Overlanding for thirty years... I teach corporate and government off-roading. I could have purchased either trailer on my budget; price was not an option. As has been stated, both trailers are GREAT; period. I have visited both factories and met with the owners of each. I like both principles of the companies; they are dedicated to quality and customer service. In the end, I purchased a Sierra 4X4 trailer for several reasons. 1) I prefer a trailer with leaf springs and shocks that can be purchased practically anywhere I may be on the planet; rather than a "custom" suspension set up that may require carrying special components or long-distance shipping. 2) I was able to purchase a rather blank trailer that I could customize for less $$ than AT. 3) Where I live in California, Sierra 4X4 was closer and I could visit the factory easily. As you can see, my reasons for purchasing a Sierra trailer don't set the two apart very far; both are GREAT products. I can say that most other trailers I've looked at are not up to my standards/needs/desires. Most of all... Have fun with building and running your trailer. Bob www.discoveroffroading.com.

TexGX

Explorer
I spent over a year with an older AT Horizon. I thought I was really going to like having it. The more I used it, the more I saw some design flaws and the less I used it. I hated the rear door. It was near impossible to getting anything out of it. Know the one I was storing did not have a fridge slide. This made life much more difficult. It did have a far amount of rust as well. Now this was a trailer that was stored outside most of it life in Prescott and in Phoenix. It would not have taken much to get it up to par. I do prefer the older style suspension over the new design. It was much simpler to fix in the field. If I was buying one I would have to look at the Jurgens Trailers that Bundu Gear is selling. I love their design. I have no experience with Sierra Trailers.

TexGX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz