NC: Morganton/Mortimer/Linville Gorge/Brown Mtn Trip 10/15 & 10/16

ExpoScout

Explorer
We were messing around on Saturday south of Grandfather Mtn. We had no real plan, just poking about....

Thanks for more info to go find!

You're welcome along anytime. Guess I should have asked who was going to be in the area. I suggest downloading the map I linked to and take it to Kinko's. They can print it out full size and it has been a big help (though it's not always 100% accurate, it's close). If you have them do it black and white it's not that expensive.

Flipper

Hey ExpoScout, can you give detailed instructions/directions to this campsite?

I'm going the weekend & I've been looking online & can't locate it.

Thanks!

Another campsite after heading back up towards Hwy 181. This one was nice and situated right by a small stream. The dogs enjoyed that part of it and took it as an invitation to jump in and get wet (aka smelly dogs for the rest of the trip):

Willc

I'm going the weekend & I've been looking online & can't locate it.

Thanks!
Head up 181 from morgonton . you will go past brown MTN rd ,past all the commercial campgrounds. You will see a forest road that turns right . stay on it to the fork if you go left at the fork there are sites on the river and it ends at a hike to a waterfall. if you go right there is maybe three of 4 sites on the river before it climb up and over the mountain and drops you in wilsons gorge on the road that heads to mortimer. There is also a National forest campground at mortimer .

Bretthn

Explorer
Since it has been revived, this was one of the threads that originally got me hooked on this site. Been up this way many times since first reading this almost 5 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles