Pelican 1650 case, what to use it for?

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Wouldn't that leak. I thought they had one way valves in them to expel air(in your case would be water and soap).

Edit: Never mind I found this on Pelicans website. I'll post it here in case anyone else was wondering

How does the Pressure Equalization (Purge) Valve work?
The Pressure Equalization Valve (Purge Valve) is a simple device. It consists of a housing with a hole through it that is covered with a thin Gore-Tex® membrane. According to the GoreTM tech sheet: “The microporous expanded polytetraflouroethylene (ePTFE) membrane continuously allows the free passage of gases and vapours, equalizing the pressure differential between the enclosure and ambient before it builds to the point that a seal is compromised. Water, dust and dirt are repelled by the hydrophobic membrane, thereby protecting expensive and sensitive electronics”.

That is in the new ones. The older ones only had a manual knob that you had to open and close. We just kept it closed when doing laundry.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Olywa

Observer
I just pick one up for a good deal. Now to fill it. It was thinking emergency supplies for everyday use.

There is a crack near the wheel. Will pelican warranty it?

hochung

Adventurer
I just pick one up for a good deal. Now to fill it. It was thinking emergency supplies for everyday use.

There is a crack near the wheel. Will pelican warranty it?

Yes, lifetime warranty. Unconditional. Is the crack on the case or the wheel assembly part? If in the case, they'll give you a new one. If wheel assembly, then they'll replace the part.

Olywa

Observer
Yes, lifetime warranty. Unconditional. Is the crack on the case or the wheel assembly part? If in the case, they'll give you a new one. If wheel assembly, then they'll replace the part.

Would I need original receipt? Not sure were the crack is. It is on it's way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles