Making some progress on the tacmoa

xjaugie

Adventurer
So far, it has been slow with the parts coming in, but tomorrow I should install the rear bumper and next weekend the OME suspension goes on.:ylsmoke:

asigotit.jpg

As I got it.

DSC_5090.jpg

265/75/16 Duratracs - no OME lift yet

useDSC_5256_edited-1.jpg

Blue Lake front bumper

Check out my blog for all the details.....

xjaugie

Adventurer
how do you like the tires ? i am considering a set for my 2002

Not sure yet, I've just put them on and havenot had a chance to really try them out. This weekend I'll be giving them their first test while on a deer hunt. I'll report back when I get home.

For the write up on the tires check out the blog.

xjaugie

Adventurer
little testing of the tires

got out this past weekend for a deer hunt and the wet clay roads proved a good test for the new Duratracs. They seemed to toss the mud out of the tread voids pretty good.

DSC_5312_edited-1.jpg

xjaugie

Adventurer
So, this weekend I went to put on the OME suspension and don't you know it, the original rear spring shackles were impossable to get apart and i had to order a new set of shackles. Poor truck is setting in the driveway with the new front installed but no rear leaf springs....:oops:

enzo

Explorer
So, this weekend I went to put on the OME suspension and don't you know it, the original rear spring shackles were impossable to get apart and i had to order a new set of shackles. Poor truck is setting in the driveway with the new front installed but no rear leaf springs....:oops:

That sucks man. Truck looks good btw.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
If your rear shackles didn't come apart nicely there is a good chance your front spring pin (on rear leafs) will also be seized. If you haven't removed your original springs yet I would try and pull that bolt just to be sure. I'm a major advocate of sending out the bolts and recommending the OME shackles on all the suspension kits we sell for this exact reason. Here in Utah even late model Tacomas can have the bolts seized to the bushings sleeve. Not a biggy to resolve so long as you have the bolts to replace the ones your going to cut :D

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
When you do put it back together, put anti-sieze on everything that is not greasable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles