100DollarMan Trail Box OffRoad Trailers - What'ch think?

Woods

Explorer
These look like a great start for a great price. Basic trailer 3,995

LINK to a Pirate thread

attachment.php

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I'd call it more of an ice cube than a tear drop, with about as much personality, but utilitarian is not a bad word in my vocabulary. Suits the Jeep's profile nicely.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Follow the OP's link to more photos. Definitely no pop-up top, but it looks like a door on passenger side and rear, window only on the driver's side, and a vent on the top.

2011-08-25_14-11-04_318.jpg

Last edited:

Woods

Explorer
I think he'll do custom work like doors windows etc.

I've heard talk about mounting galley components to the rear door. That door looks pretty bomb proof.

Pikeman

Adventurer
I think either mounting a galley box to the door or even a galley box inside the door from mid side to roof(think tear drop style) would be great. That way you still have the bottom as a foot well area when sleeping in it.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Be carefull, looks like someone could lock you in there???

On the back door, sure, but not on the front. The front has a more typical latch system.

One thought that you do bring up, however, is that a bolt cutter could get you into the thing from the rear end, quick and quiet.

Woods

Explorer
The rear door looks more secure than any expo trailer door that I've seen. I think you can use one of these on there:
img.jsp

On the back door, sure, but not on the front. The front has a more typical latch system.

One thought that you do bring up, however, is that a bolt cutter could get you into the thing from the rear end, quick and quiet.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Be carefull, looks like someone could lock you in there???

As long as it doesn't say Free Candy on the side I figure it's okay...
:elkgrin:
But seriously, I'm sure the side door has a release on the inside as noted before by our good friend from somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, Ford.

Last edited:
I'd call it more of an ice cube than a tear drop, with about as much personality, but utilitarian is not a bad word in my vocabulary. Suits the Jeep's profile nicely.

I think it makes more sense than a teardrop. A teardrop is not really very space efficient. And then if you're going to bolt a roof rack, awning, fuel cans, fender flares, etc all over it, it's not aerodynamic at all either.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have no real opinion on the trailer, I think AT's are the pinnacle, however, I know Hundy and he is a stand up guy, and is very active in the 4x4 scene. If he had what I wanted, I'd buy from him with confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior